• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ideal Weight measurements?

k_21

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find out which is an accurate
calculation of body propotions??

Eg: Weight compared to height, BMI index, or just
looking at the mirror??

Anyway, would like everyone's opinions...

Thanks
Devante.:eek:

Funny I was doing much the same this morning... most of the calculators I looked at told me I was obese in terms of my BMI and my ideal weight is somewhere between 53 and 73 kilo's... :confused: So basically I'm a fat bastard that really needs to become anorexic... :rolleyes:

Most useful one I found was this: www_halls_md/ideal-weight/body_htm (replace the underscores with dots - sorry, the forum won't let me post URLs until I've reached the lofty heights of 15 posts...)and I referred to 'People's Choice' results section. This at least seemed like a realistic result for me compared to the others I'd looked at.

Basically, I just wanted to find a general goal weight to aim towards but obviously I need to take into account that (hopefully) I'll be creating some decent muscle whilst losing fat so I'm not too concerned about the numbers I'm more focused on getting back in to my size 77 or 82R pants!

Cheers
paul...

John McCallum's guidelines for honest, realistic measurements
measure your wrist just above protruding bone. (measuring wrists give an indication of bone size which will impact on amount of mass you'll able to achieve.)
then multiply buy 6.5 to find chest measurement
70% of your chest for your waist, 85% for your hips
36% of chest for upper arm
53% of chest for thighs and 34% for calves

those measurements are goals for someone who is looking to get big. probably not a 'normal person'

Last edited:
Basically, I just wanted to find a general goal weight to aim towards but obviously I need to take into account that (hopefully) I'll be creating some decent muscle whilst losing fat so I'm not too concerned about the numbers I'm more focused on getting back in to my size 77 or 82R pants!
Then focus on that.

Whether you're 70kg with an 82 waist or 90kg with an 82 waist doesn't matter, your goal is the 82 waist. Focus on that.

Don't worry about the scales. Their full of s h i t

go by a mirror in a well lit room. That will be a lot more honest with you than any scales will be. It'll be brutally honest. It'll tell you how much more work you've got ahead of you. Yeah?

Thanks guys for all the info.

Yes done the calculations posted on that
website. Mine says 25.3 BMI. At the upper
limit I am.

My gut has about 3-5kg's around it looking
like a floating TUBE!!!:mad:

I guess that's why my BMI is so out there.

Damn results are taking way too long..

Dont stress man, look in the Members Pics thread. Nick is rated as Obese 30.1 on BMI... nuff said.

Bluey & all others,

I guess the best indication is that if you
look in the mirror and can say honestly that
"I'm happy with what I see" that's all that
matters!!! :p

I'm working on getting rid of the 'spare tire'
at the moment....

Thats exactly right mate.

I started off caring about weight but at the end of the day as long as I think I look good thats all that matters.

lol @ Joel.

this is Joel everybody
simp_THOHXVII_Blob_v2f.jpg

BMI 1000000