• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

idea of drug tested gyms

The U.S is not a liberal minded country....

Some honest feedback outside of the steroid vs. non-steroid debate going on above.

Having worked for several multinationals with operations globally (North and South America, Asia, Africa,Europe) a common mistake is a lack of cultural understanding. The biggest of all is assuming all white people are culturally the same.

Australia's culture is different from European and North American cultures and has a large mateship, anti-establishment/authority and irreverancy component. I have seen many initiatives work in other countries fail in Australia because of this.

don't agree with you. Should be same for all. recreation or competitive, I see no difference at all. Why should there be health issues for athletes over drugs, and not for mirror athletes, dancers, or even bouncers.

Mate health issues are the same but they are not competing, there is no benefit to testing people who take PED's for what ever personal reason that do not step into a competitive arena.

You still have not answered the one question, WHY??? What would be the benefits to anyone doing this?? How would it benefit me as a non competitor?? How would it benefit anyone at all?? Especially considering that government/gym owners/gym members would all be out of pocket for this.

What would be the benefits of drug testing me?? There is only negatives to it, it infringes on my personal space, inconveniences me, costs the gym money, costs the government money, for what?? Who would benefit from it?? There really is only negatives and no positives for it??

So if they see a bloke training hard and looking good, you want to tap him on the shoulder and ask him to piss in a cup while you stand around looking at his junk or drain blood from him?? WHY?? What will we the public gain from this??

If he competes, yes I wish we could test every single competitor, and any place getters/winners should have to be tested to ensure no cheating is going on and that winners are legit. There is no other benefits to it.

As for recreational people just choosing to take PEDs, supposedly innocent and immune from public sentiment, give it a rest. Don't give me your libertarian bs. If you don't take PEDs, no need to worry, is there.

Well there is a need to worry if I am training at my local gym and all of a sudden I get marched off to the bathroom and asked to strip down and piss in a cup while a couple of blokes watch me stand there naked from the chest down, I think I have a right to train and play sports without being hassled out by some drug tester.

So will they be lurking in local parks testing people kicking a footy around with their kids, or going for a Sunday morning run?? What about testing people that buy sporting equipment?? Will they get tested??

MAy be we have to register our home gyms, so they can knock on our door at 2am drag you out of bed to undergo a drug test.

The whole thing sounds like a good idea, but there are zero merits to it, and where will we stop.

Again WHY would you want to drug test me, a bloke in his 40's lifting some weights for 4 hours a week training for fun??

you will still have a right: train at a gym with no testing.

I support it, you guys don't.

I could give reasons, beyond public health, but don't want to piss off anyone further.

Last edited:
you will still have a right: train at a gym with no testing.

What would be the advantage of training at a tested gym? From the sounds of it, it will be more expensive with no benefit.

Just trying to understand the rationale. I cant see it.

I don't know, ask the Danish authorities and every other society that tests anyone for PEDs.

They are all dickheads according to most on this thread. They must merely do it for something to do.

No, no one has said anyone is a dickhead.. What you are presenting is, I suspect, only half of your argument. What benefit does this offer? What purpose would it serve?

I agree 100% with mick on this - if you want to test gym goers, where do you draw the line?

And enjoy paying $200 a month to train at this tested gym.

Even at tested bodybuilding shows, only the winners and/or top three at the national level are tested due to costs.

Should be testing personal trainers in basic weight training skills.

I think if you test feds and gyms, you will have most covered.

again, feds that pay for own tests, pay lower fees than PA. No need to think gym costs would escalate. after all, large pool numbers.

I don't know, ask the Danish authorities and every other society that tests anyone for PEDs.

Erm, which societies, besides the Danes, have a national scheme to test recreational customers at gyms not affiliated with a sporting organisation?

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that you're an established member with lots of other established members seemingly confident that you're serious, I'd think you were just trolling; a lot of the things you're saying just don't follow logical/rational processes, more like a dogmatic belief that PEDs need to be quashed irrespective of the negative effects they actually pose or the effectiveness of the available "solutions".

Do your think steroids have a place in medical treatment of injuries? What about ephedrine? Or any number of other compounds that are available to non-competitors but are banned in sport?

Last edited:
I don't like showing my slightly bent penis to strangers, but I am willing to lead the cause by example. so be it.

Sparti what about those who need to take some "PEDs" for their medical conditions ?

eg women with hrt, men with trt

Do they have to get exemptions at their own expense ?
or reveal their full medical history to their gym ?

Why impose more costs on people ? as someone (end user as usual) is going to have to pay for all the testing.
Sounds like something the testing companies have come up with to increase their business and profits.

I agree with Big Mick and Brick.

Rather than force testing on the general population, target the sporting federations if needed or all the federations that get any public funding

Last edited:
legitimate hormone replacement is accepted by both most sport feds and society.

I suppose they may be tested for abuse of dose, but I have little knowledge of HRT or TRT guidelines.

We should be following Thailands lead not denmarks.

Sell hormones over the counter in pharmacies