• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I Want to Look Like That Guy

This doco reminds me of being at 1500-1700 cal for 4-5 months, or whatever I did to get to a 6 pack.... it was just insane. Such low calories requires insane will power..... anyone who's been there knows what its like. I probably only made it to 10% but I know what the dieting's like.

NOT upping your calories drastically after you've reached your goal or whatever is hard too. I ate until I was sick. I always read about bodybuilders binging after shows....

You can look almost just as good with half the effort at 13-15% bodyfat and a bit more muscle, but the muscle takes more time. My goal is to get to 13-15% from 20% now.

Lol at Nattty Jeff!!!

Although agree with the above... It was a surprisingly good watch...

Pretty impressive result too....

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.. even my wife enjoyed it, after she started giving me shit for watching it lol

Interestingly it highlights the key pointers to body recomposition...

Calorie deficit

4 to 6 rep heavy training

High protein

Most people I reckon should stop at 10-12% bodyfat (or something easier to maintain) and just work on muscle gain.... But I guess the whole point was to showcase how hard it really was (or whatever the 'truth' was)

When does it start getting really painful and hard to maintain? 10% 11%? 9%?

Interestingly it highlights the key pointers to body recomposition...

Calorie deficit

4 to 6 rep heavy training

High protein

Jeff is a total cock with his natty claims, he must honestly believe short acting esters aren't steroids.

BUT his training and diet principles are very sound, basically what you listed above.

Most people I reckon should stop at 10-12% bodyfat (or something easier to maintain) and just work on muscle gain.... But I guess the whole point was to showcase how hard it really was (or whatever the 'truth' was)

When does it start getting really painful and hard to maintain? 10% 11%? 9%?

All comes back to genetics...

Some can hold 10% all year round... Others will be in starvation mode..

Jeff is a total cock with his natty claims, he must honestly believe short acting esters aren't steroids.

BUT his training and diet principles are very sound, basically what you listed above.

Synthol is not a steroid either...

He's bigger and leaner than 99% of roid users, therefore 99% of roid users are doing it wrong.