• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

i hate training chest and biceps

TrentZor

In the first 2-3 years sure i did. But now im more into squats/deads/leg presses and bent over rows.

Cant seem to break my stupid habit of going through the motions when im performing the chest/biceps exercises. Seems my mind-muscle connection is on anywhere but doing that set.

anyone have this issue atm?

Why would you have a problem training any part, irrespective of what it is? Do you not have a goal you're aiming to achieve? Or am I right off track with my questions?

Fadi.

im not sure to be honest.. i shouldnt have a problem with it.

i cant focus mentally 100% for whatever reason when it comes to these bodyparts hence not performing in poor form. (Its like a mental wall ive been hitting for the last 6 months)

No injuries or anything that aches when you do the mentioned bodparts? Do you already have huge arms and chest? I'm trying to think of a reason that would stop you from being motivated.

Ok, try this Ceffo, find someone in your gym who's willing to have some challenge with you; find someone who loves doing arms and chest (it could be two persons), then workout a target for both of you and then give it all you've got.

I do have another thing in mind and that has to to with carbohydrates, glycogen, and the rep scheme you're applying. But try the above for me first and see how you go.

Fadi.

Fadi said:
No injuries or anything that aches when you do the mentioned bodparts? Do you already have huge arms and chest? I'm trying to think of a reason that would stop you from being motivated.

INjuries where do i starts :eek:
But im terms of pec and biceps ive never torn or injured any of these parts. I don't atm in my opinion have huge arms and chest. I am however a big fan of old school compound lifts and more inclined to do these at 110%. i.e Squats/deads.

------

Fadi said:
Ok, try this Ceffo, find someone in your gym who's willing to have some challenge with you; find someone who loves doing arms and chest (it could be two persons), then workout a target for both of you and then give it all you've got.

great idea.. and would work only Problem with this is i have a complete home gym which cost around 6k to setup. Power rack/olympic bars/leg press/300kgs of free weights etc and i cant acutally ask my wife to challenge me ;)

O-------O

Fadi said:
I do have another thing in mind and that has to to with carbohydrates, glycogen, and the rep scheme you're applying. But try the above for me first and see how you go.

I have tried variations to mix it up a bit. drop sets/super sets/ascending sets/slow reps etc.

Mental block is still there still peforming the sets badly around halfway through the set i relax and start letting the weight control me not the other way around. instead of 3 seconds down on a chest press i would let it drop to bounce on the chest and continue the lift. I do however did lift better form when i used to train a with a partner spotting my mistakes when i was at the gym

Last edited:
still peforming the sets badly around halfway through the set i relax and start letting the weight control me not the other way around.

Great Ceffo, I may have found a solution to your problem. Why not stick with the set in the part where CEFFO is the MASTER and drop the other half altogether. I'm not joking, try it. Your challenge now has changed from not liking to do chest and bis to how I can increase my reps gradually whilst remaining the Master (in control). You're going to have to (this is going to sound strange but...) split yourself into two people. The Master and the slave. I'm sure you've got the picture.

By the way, I did check out your pics and you don't look a bit bad. In fact you look great. And your wife is beautiful also and no I don't think I'd have her in your home gym to challenge you.

Fadi.

use your favorite body part as a reward for doing a great job on chest and bis....

Ie Go to gym, and the first thing you do is chest and bis, Once you have completed your goals for that exercise, what ever thay may be 30 usefull, controled reps, or increased your weight on the last set etc.

Then do Bis, and teh same thing, again 3 useful sets, or 30 reps, or weight increase.

Then go do some squats, bent over flys.. I find a lot of people dont like doing teh exercise they are not as good at.., their good exercise seems to give them more rewards as they are traing them harder, and more frequently..

By working your favorite muscles last you will be more tied, myabe not quite as strong, but it will encourage you to focus on them, more so you can get to what you want to do, it will take some self disipline.

I was the complete opposite, I Looove chest, and bis day, you leave feeling so much bigger...but my legs are weak as a result. But I have focused now on doing a dedicated deads, or a dedicated legs day. No excuses, legs or back are the focus so I get in and smash em, no dribbling off to play with the bench..bench is out of bounds that day..