• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hst

Here's some Hypertrophy specific training for you!

8-15 reps of anything Haney, Arnold, Coleman, or Cutler did.

Building muscle has not changed!

That wasnt my question. As far as Im aware its not recommended for guys who arent taking copious amounts of roids to do what they do, I dont think doing 50 sets for triceps, biceps, shoulders etc would work for many normal guys.

'Powerbuilding' is the best way to gain mass. Just look at Ronnie Coleman. He's the result of what happens when a genetically gifted person on a shitload of drugs trains smart regardless of his perfect hand :p

Starting Strength is a good beginner routine, moving onto the Texas Method. Then you can go onto something like 5/3/1 for decent, slow and steady strength gains pushing assistance work for hypertrophy. Rest/paused assistance DC training style works well

This HST type workouts don't work too well... If volume = gains then feel free to do 100x100 curls lol. They tend to just fill the muscle up with sarcoplasm, a muscle "filler" which is mostly water

Any video I've seen where Ronnie Coleman is actually in a training session (not doing pb on squats or leg presses) He always does about 12-15 reps...

Oni I have no idea what power building is.....

I have done starting strength and am still basically doing something very similar. Im just interested in whether or not people on this forum have tried HST and what their results were.

LAMMI, no matter what you see him do in the videos I still dont think you can compare anyone on this forum to Ronnie and what he does or think that what he does would work for us.

Ronnie's muscle fibres are damaged in the same way our muscle fibres are damaged. The big tested guy's do it the same as the big un-tested guy's.