• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

HRT Australia (Perth)

As an aside, I don't think how much you can lift is an indication of how healthy you are
And 0ni, I'm pretty sure it's illegal for doctors to prescribe drugs for illegal use.

Well no actually, there is a popular HRT clinic in Brisbane that does just this.
Testosterone can be prescribed for many, many things. Doctor patient records are completely private and can't be used in court. It's pretty much the doctors disgression what they prescribe. I can't find a single law that states drugs can't be prescribed for performance enhancement either and I took a good look through before I said it as I was a bit unsure myself

As an aside, I don't think how much you can lift is an indication of how healthy you are

Point taken aka John Paul Sig, OD Wilson. But you are far from "screwed" if your endogenous test is less than 19. I don't think I have ever been 19. Willy works, had no trouble with spermatogenesis unless they are not my kids.

Point taken aka John Paul Sig, OD Wilson. But you are far from "screwed" if your endogenous test is less than 19. I don't think I have ever been 19. Willy works, had no trouble with spermatogenesis unless they are not my kids.

I wasn't specifically referring to you vonfram but I think you're absolutely right, a general statement about being screwed if you're below 19 is just silly.

An average range test level is just that, an average, it doesn't mean anything else.

What is your HDL/LDL, cholesterol and triglycerides?

nah and I have no copies, only electronic at doctors
I'll get some maybe tomorrow, I'll go to doctors and get them. I'll be interested in my cholesterol for sure, as I was taking arimidex for a fair few weeks which I have stopped now. But then also eating a very low calorie diet with lots of training. When my thyroid completely shat itself, everything was pretty much perfect then and testosterone was at a little over 29
probably no point, who would believe them anyway? :p

What is your HDL/LDL, cholesterol and triglycerides?

Within limits, otherwise I would have remembered. The only thing I was concerned about in the bloods was the PSA which thankfully was ok. The low test stood out, nothing else worth noting. Probably due for another check up this year and if the cholesterol is outside allowable limits I'll crow about it.

My resting BP is 106/48 so atherosclerosis probably not an issue.

The GP asked if I wanted HRT and actually tried to coerce me into it - have to make wife happy apparently. Money makes wives happy.

Last edited:
your waist circumference is very large also
the low testosterone, increases risks of everything, so does body composition
both are easy to fix, even without pharms. It's an unnecessary risk brought on by sloth

maybe it won't be a problem in 5 years, maybe it will. but the risk is pointless and simply not falling apart right now is no argument against it. This isn't some stupid bb hearsay, it's multiple thousand person studies done over years

your waist circumference is very large also
the low testosterone, increases risks of everything, so does body composition
both are easy to fix, even without pharms. It's an unnecessary risk brought on by sloth

maybe it won't be a problem in 5 years, maybe it will. but the risk is pointless and simply not falling apart right now is no argument against it. This isn't some stupid bb hearsay, it's multiple thousand person studies done over years

I fatten up when I'm home because I travel to Asia alot where I don't get the daily calories and food can be hit and miss. I would get pretty sick without the sacrificial layer.

Most of the worlds population don't have access to HRT and life goes on. The people don't "fall apart". They get old and time beats them in the end. Most (>99.9%) of the male adult population in developed nations don't use HRT when they get older.

Low testosterone does not increase the risk of everything. If you are middle aged and have a predisposition to prostate problems, the last thing a doctor would recommend is extra testosterone. Take a look at the statistics for prostate cancer related mortality and lay that along side those "multiple thousand person" studies.

I don't want to read your excuses man

No excuses at all. I'm fat, happy, healthy and by the grace of God I will still be lifting weights in another 20 years from now.

If you are a weak-willed punce, HRT will not change that, just like a course of roids won't change it.

BTW Oni, you should learn from people like vonfram.

His experience sorts of makes your own fanaticism, pushing the boundaries with drugs and diet, look quite silly. He takes no drugs, has low test, yet benches 175kg at over 40 years of age.

He proves that having a high test level is only one factor in getting and being strong.

No excuses at all. I'm fat, happy, healthy and by the grace of God I will still be lifting weights in another 20 years from now.

If you are a weak-willed punce, HRT will not change that, just like a course of roids won't change it.

Yeah for sure. All those medical researchers just doctored the results completely, in order to prescribe steroids en masse

Come on bro. At least read the conclusions made at the end of the study.

Looooollllllllllllll. You idiot.

I posted this knowing Oni would make a remark trying to make assumptions on what I meant by posting it. Even though all I said was INTERESTING,which it is, and posted the link. I made no other claims or implications of this research. Looolllllllll.

In any case it was INTERESTING they pulled the study on old blokes because more were having complications on TRT. Our resident google doctor here claims anyone under 19 for test is on deaths door.

Interesting article, unfortunately with only 209 participants it's hard to tell, could also use another group taking injectable test. Ima go looking for another study.