• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to get volume for chin-ups

I just cannot hit the bicep with chin-ups.
And @Jungman ; as strange as that sounds, the Maccas 30c cone costs 50c.

The bicep, or the arm is the weak link in this exercise even moreso for a person who is heavy and has long arms, which is interesting, because - a person with shorter arms could perform more, he will not necessarily be as strong as the person with the long arms within the muscles required to perform the movement.

the lat's are a big muscle that is never fatigued properly through performing chin-ups, doing more, more often will not improve the situation, and in fact could create more problems.

The primary purpose of the bicep is to suppinate the hand, and then lift the arm over the head.

The primary purpose of the bicep is to suppinate the hand, and then lift the arm over the head.

Which is like a chin up movement, so I thought I could get a pump out of them, but I can't.
I have a set of MX handle bars mounted off the ceiling upside down in the garage to do pull-ups and chins to streagthen my grip and control power over the bike.
I tried to pump the biceps many times, wide, narrow, medium grip, feet on the wall, knees in front, bobcus fuken, nothing, no pump.

Which is like a chin up movement, so I thought I could get a pump out of them, but I can't.
I have a set of MX handle bars mounted off the ceiling upside down in the garage to do pull-ups and chins to streagthen my grip and control power over the bike.
I tried to pump the biceps many times, wide, narrow, medium grip, feet on the wall, knees in front, bobcus fuken, nothing, no pump.

if you want to pump your biceps, chin-ups are not the exercise to use, but this exercise does biuld them, the fact that they fatigue quite early is clear evidance of this.

and pump, or the constant effect of the pump has nothing to do with building the size of a muscle, your muscle is infact pumped everytime you exercise, you just get use to it because you muscles are well conditioned.

Last edited:
and pump, or the constant effect of the pump has nothing to do with building the size of a muscle, your muscle is infact pumped everytime you exercise, you just get use to it because you muscles are well conditioned.

True, but as the bro science dude said, pump is like an erection for the arms, and who doesn't like an erection?

on a serious note, I personally don't like the "numb" feeling of heavy low reps only, like to mix it up with some reps to get a pump, use it and Doms as an "indicator" to see how well I've targeted the muscle.

You can get it jumpin'
You can get it pumpin'
You can get it pressin' a suit
A hard earned thirst needs a big old pump
And the best old pump is here
A LONG COLD pump
You can get it liftin'
You can get it shiftin'
You can get it any old how
Matter o' fact, I got it now