• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to deadlift

Im not sure about his comment regarding.

He had a bigger deadlift than me so i cannot comment on his technique as much.

I have seen guys at the gym stiff leg the shit out of a 330kg just because they are built like houses. (130kg+)

Does it mean its right? Of course not.

Deadlifts hate me almost as much as I them. They are my penance for when I start to enjoy my training too much...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rKvoLu5Isk&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Deadlift - YouTube[/ame]

I appreciated this explanation.

I stopped watching after his hand on thighs thing (partly cos it wasn't streaming properly on my phone)

Tried it myself and ended up in a worse position than normal

Haha CT has such a faggy accent
I'll never be able to read anything of his again without that ludicrous French-Canadian accent going through my head

6757_absolutely-disgusting.jpg.jpg

I stopped watching after his hand on thighs thing (partly cos it wasn't streaming properly on my phone)

Tried it myself and ended up in a worse position than normal
I would hope that you can already consistently deadlift with your spine in a non-horrendous position. The hands-on-thighs thing is just for teaching people to bend at the hips and keep their chest up, rather than collapse their spine to bend over. If you've already got good technique, I wouldn't expect you from getting anything out of that tip.

I dont know how you can get anything out of the whole video
10 minutes listening to that outrageous accent

Haha CT has such a faggy accent
I'll never be able to read anything of his again without that ludicrous French-Canadian accent going through my head

6757_absolutely-disgusting.jpg.jpg

Haha 0ni so good.

I guess I just appreciated his explanation of the variations of the deadlift. Because I've often found myself wondering whether I'm doing it 'right' (e.g. because I've felt like I'm basically doing a squat) and it turns that it's just a low-hip version of the movement.

When you get up to serious weight you will naturally find your best form. Never seen a guy pull a max weight with low hips, you just cant hold that position because the scaps need to be over the bar. As long as hand and foot placement are right and uou can get tight the rest should follow suit

When you get up to serious weight you will naturally find your best form. Never seen a guy pull a max weight with low hips, you just cant hold that position because the scaps need to be over the bar. As long as hand and foot placement are right and uou can get tight the rest should follow suit

You haven't watched much lifting have you. Hip position depends on lever lengths.

You haven't watched much lifting have you. Hip position depends on lever lengths.

Exactly, so worrying about where your hips are is pretty silly
I stll dont think ive seen anyone pull conventionally raw with what is considered low hips

Exactly, so worrying about where your hips are is pretty silly
I stll dont think ive seen anyone pull conventionally raw with what is considered low hips

Too busy staring at fractals. Watch some lifting, you'll learn something.
Why worry about leverages?? Yes, when there is pizza to be eaten dude, why worry? Just do whatever.

My point is the same as yours. Im not going argue semantics and with ad hominems
Im above that m8