• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How not to diet...

That shows a joke... Rarely do they look decent at the end. The look like skinny fat malnurished weaklings.... Thats my opinion anyway...

ashamed to admit it, but I once did the cabbage soup diet when I was young.....got fuarking shredded though bro :D

I made my own diet similar to this but I just went to the supermarket every Sunday and randomly chose healthy ingredients such as beef, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, chick peas, carrots, tomatoes and made a soup that I would eat all week, then once a month I would just eat normally for a week,Then start again.
I end up dropping about 40 kilos in 6 months, but that included muscle as well.

That shows a joke... Rarely do they look decent at the end. The look like skinny fat malnurished weaklings.... Thats my opinion anyway...

You can't deny that they look better than when the started though. Better skinny fat than morbidly obese.
Also I bet before the final weigh in they try and drop all there water weight and are dehydrated.

Girlfriends Diet plan

Zhen de shou pill

Take the pill and have a cruskit for breakfast, lunch and go to sleep depressed

lost 28kg then put it all back on plus more in 3 months :( havent really been able to lose a substancial amount of weight since.

Wow, as a teenager I think I trumped your fad diets ... outright starvation. I ate NOTHING. NADA. for days, occasionally weeks. Did wonders for me ... can you imagine? Lovely. I called it the "Air Diet" ...

Been spending years gaining back fitness (high fives to me), bone density (yay, kicking mid-normal range goals), totally re-orienting my relationship with food (don't run away, it won't kill you...now I run after it.. :-D ) and in the process of trying to gain back the last part of that shiiite load of LBM I squandered. That's the hard part. Cos it takes soooo long.

Good to have a positive goal though.

Irony is now I'm shovelling food in with gay abandon and it's so hard to gain the weight regardless as I'm naturally lean. If I could bottle it, I'd be selling my snake oil to the Biggest Loser dudes for squillions.

Last edited:
You can't deny that they look better than when the started though. Better skinny fat than morbidly obese.
Also I bet before the final weigh in they try and drop all there water weight and are dehydrated.

I remember reading an article from one of the past winners and apparently they all used to dehydrate before every single weigh in.

Also most of them end up gaining the weight back, it sucks.

I remember reading an article from one of the past winners and apparently they all used to dehydrate before every single weigh in.

Also most of them end up gaining the weight back, it sucks.

Or if they were not up to be voted out then they would water load and then give them a higher weight loss the week after when they were up to be voted out lol....such a joke...

Wow, as a teenager I think I trumped your fad diets ... outright starvation. I ate NOTHING. NADA. for days, occasionally weeks. Did wonders for me ... can you imagine? Lovely. I called it the "Air diet".

I pretty much did the same as a 15 year old. Did not eat 1 bit of food for a complete month, drank nothing but orange juice and went to school, played sport and worked flat out. Up side I looked amazing.. Down side ended up in hospital for a week after not being able to breath due to the burst ulcers covering pretty much my entire stomach.

Still get side affects from it to this day. Can't drink orange juice, find it very hard to eat or drink anything acidic.

Will not be doing anything like that again :D

I lived off a stupidly strong coffee(read 3 tablespoons or more of instant) in the morning, tuna and a coke for lunch and a couple beers for dinner.

All this while doing 40 hours of cardio a week. I dropped to 69kg. Pretty light for 6'1".

Packed it on since, now trying to get back into shape.

I pretty much did the same as a 15 year old. Did not eat 1 bit of food for a complete month, drank nothing but orange juice and went to school, played sport and worked flat out. Up side I looked amazing.. Down side ended up in hospital for a week after not being able to breath due to the burst ulcers covering pretty much my entire stomach.

Still get side affects from it to this day. Can't drink orange juice, find it very hard to eat or drink anything acidic.

Will not be doing anything like that again :D

Yep, the side effects last for a long time ... but I can see the funny side now that I'm trying to shovel food in my mouth to gain weight and I'm struggling to put it on ... karmic revenge ...

but agree Bron, NEVER EVER doing that again UGH. :D

I lived off a stupidly strong coffee(read 3 tablespoons or more of instant) in the morning, tuna and a coke for lunch and a couple beers for dinner.

All this while doing 40 hours of cardio a week. I dropped to 69kg. Pretty light for 6'1".

Packed it on since, now trying to get back into shape.

Far out man....

Why were you doing this? 40 hours of cardio a week???

What the??? :confused:

Yep, the side effects last for a long time ... but I can see the funny side now that I'm trying to shovel food in my mouth to gain weight and I'm struggling to put it on ... karmic revenge ...

but agree Bron, NEVER EVER doing that again UGH. :D

I wish I had that problem, I'm trying to get it off again but in the right way this time :)

I've done low carb (80-100g or so a day) and it was shit. Felt like shit and lack of energy. It was that point of teetering on keto without committing to keto that was the problem.
Then ive also done keto and it was just fine. Had a 10% drop or so on strength, and dropped 1kg per week for 6weeks without additional cardio.

Given the right circumstances, id do keto again. It is a big commitment and also expensive though.

When trying to lean out I occasionally do the monotonous BB diet. Lean meats and veg with bugger all. Can't be sustained long term. I generally try to aim for a 40P/40C/20F year round split. Although i've felt even better on 40P/35C/25F.