• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much fat should you have?

jj80

So your hormone system doesn't shut down.. in grams per day.

And should it be a particular sort of fat?

I'm dieting right now and eating 6 whole eggs a day - basically where I get all my fat - not sure if this is enough.

I am not sure, what you should have, i try for around 20% of my calories from fat.

At present, 20% of 2500-3000

I am carb cycling at the moment.
I was reading a recent article on it but not sure how accurate it is but this is what it mentioned
On low carb days 0.8 x bodyweight (lbs)
High carb days 0.6 x bodyweight.

2% of the total daily energy intake should be derived from omega-6 PUFA and 0.5% from omega-3 PUFA (SCF)

Strength trainers will want it higher though. Just is just for hormonal function and health here. You'll perform better the more you eat, obviously you don't push it so high that you get fat, you need to play around with it

Faigin recommends keto dieters get in at least 1g/lb and regular dieters get in 0.5g/lb

Does it matter if its trans / saturated / mono unsaturated etc?

This is my thoughts. You will get people giving you all sorts of complicated answers.

Get in the range of 1g per kg bodyweight from a range of most clean type foods and you will be sweet.

This is my thoughts. You will get people giving you all sorts of complicated answers.

Get in the range of 1g per kg bodyweight from a range of most clean type foods and you will be sweet.

^^this^^

you get benefits from all of them.

I usually think of it as about 1/3 from each over a period of time. so each day might be different but over a period, it's roughly 1/3 each sat/mono/poly

although truth be told I probably favour mono and sat more than poly in my own diet. Polys come through incidentally.

Does it matter if its trans / saturated / mono unsaturated etc?

For health you just need the omega3/6 to get the endocrine function
The body will prefer to use saturated and monos for energy so the bulk of your calories should come from these. There is also a massive correlation between sat fat intake and strength, mainly all the best foods for strength contain sat fat in massive quantities :D

It's not as complicated as people seem to think, they probably just don't understand the reasons why and have no reason to learn. I think I sent you the books, Art & Science of Low Carb Performance & Living? It explains it in there very well

So don't do stupid shit like deep frying chicken and wedging it in a "manufactured" bun