• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many workouts have you done?

I did a workout last night that had me lying on the floor

It got me thinking how many weight training workout I'd done over the years.

I'd estimated that I'd done approximately 30,000.

If I'd had progress with every workout I would be literally as big as an elephant and as strong and maybe as dumb.

One thing that or two things that I often think about is; the intensity of work versus form of the exercise.

And also got me thinking about LMD and his dead-lifting issues

Which is more important?

Both are of high importance, but if I really think about it, of all the people I've seen train and people I've worked with and helped I'd have to say that between the ages of 15 to 40 intensity of WORK should be the focus, as a person in their younger years are a bit more resilient to a break down in form towards the end of a set to achieve muscular fatigue as to maintain a focus on their intensity.

To me, exercise is brief and infrequent, but intense and irregular.

Maximum efforts should be made against an unmoving resistance – in every set of almost every exercise; but only after the maximum possible number of full movements have been performed, when the muscles are so exhausted from the immediately preceding repetitions that they are momentarily incapable of moving the resistance – in spite of a one-hundred percent (100%) effort. Then – and only then – should such maximum efforts be made; and they should be made because – without them – it is literally impossible to induce maximum growth stimulation. It is simply impossible to build muscular size or strength by performing that which you are already capable of easily doing; you must constantly attempt the momentarily impossible, and such attempts should involve maximum possible efforts – but only after the muscles have been properly "warmed-up", and only after they have been worked to the point of momentary exhaustion immediately before the maximum possible effort leading to a failure is attempted.

40 and over I think a focus must be made of ensuring correct form used while maintaining a high level of intensity.

As someone once said; Practice makes perfect; as long as you practice perfectly.* Practicing mistakes makes for perfect mistakes.

As someone once said; Practice makes perfect; as long as you practice perfectly.* Practicing mistakes makes for perfect mistakes.

I think that sums it up perfectly Andy.

Very though provoking post mate, enjoyed reading it :)

feelsbadman I've estimated that I've done about 2500, got nothing you mate.

Last edited:
At an average of 4 work outs a week, for 10 years that's just over 2k workouts.

Not sure what calculations you've done Andy. :)

For me,
3 x 52 x20 = 3120 workouts

Obviously in my youth I would train up to 6 days per week but there has been times where I have not trained for a few weeks or months.

Started late 2009....maybe 10 workouts

2010...pretty consistent...around 180 workouts

2011....dropped off with injury around Feb-April....so 9 months passed in the year, 39 weeks, maybe trained 30 of those.......say 90 workouts

280 all up approx