• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
5x10 is my normal effort. Full extension too. None of this pussy half rep chit.

A proper chin-up for a set of 20 rep's is rare for a 80+ man, he would be really strong and really well built.
A bloke that would be like this would of been able to have done 10 easy and progress to 20 in a very short time, due to mostly fiber typing and not because of his workout method.

A proper set of pullups is much easier now due to losing around 12-13kg. But if I'm honest I'm still probably around a max of 6-7 very strict at a BW of 110-ish.

06bb68f398b496dd5e7934cd23e7c8d6.jpg

Had a go at doing as many as I could yesterday after a warm up of cable rows. 12, 8, 8. A bit disappointing seeing I do them weekly. Gives me something to work on.

If you stop the first set shy of failure you'll get more on the second and third. Reckon you'd get 3 x 10

Yeah, pretty easily. I usually do 3x9 at the end of my workout. I guess I'm just not used to the higher reps.

I completed 12 this morning after doing a few light stretches and light warm up on bent over rows.
I think I could have done 2 more but my right hand was loosing grip. I think my body weight is about 84-85kg.

Using a rep cadence of 4 (negative) - 2 (positive) - 1 (contracted); seconds, for a chin-up, I reckon 90 seconds is the maximum most can obtain.

Anyone notice a differance with doing them on the thin tubing 20mm to the thicker 40mm one?

Yep, when I was fully into motox, I mounted a set if mx handlebars upside down in my garage (still use em) 20mm, perfect for good grip and the bend and angle is spot on for chins and pull-ups.
Having said that, I could only get 8, and if I slacked off (winter) and only used the back pull down machine, drop to 5, 4 on second set.

Yep, when I was fully into motox, I mounted a set if mx handlebars upside down in my garage (still use em) 20mm, perfect for good grip and the bend and angle is spot on for chins and pull-ups.
Having said that, I could only get 8, and if I slacked off (winter) and only used the back pull down machine, drop to 5, 4 on second set.
Good idea, with some rental grips you'd never slip off the bar. Also you'd have the crash pad if you smashed your heand on the way up.

Seen people use the bars mounted on the ground also and do push ups.

Using a rep cadence of 4 (negative) - 2 (positive) - 1 (contracted); seconds, for a chin-up, I reckon 90 seconds is the maximum most can obtain.
Challenge accepted. Will try later in the week when I'm down 1-2kg haha

Another bloody good tut one is to do hold at the top, then 90 degree elbow position then dead hang. Aim for 30 seconds at each position. I've only been able to do it once

Challenge accepted. Will try later in the week when I'm down 1-2kg haha

Another bloody good tut one is to do hold at the top, then 90 degree elbow position then dead hang. Aim for 30 seconds at each position. I've only been able to do it once

I reckon you'd be around the 120 mark.