• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long does it take usually?

T

Timguyperson

Just wondering how long it would usually take to gain an inch in your biceps?

Currently at 15.1" and my current goal is 16". I'm about to hit the weights really hard again and eat heaps during the next uni semester when I have lots of free time. So basically my goal is to get to 16" arms in around 4 or 5 months.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Yeah it is, but you'll have to have some awesome genetics or even better newb gains. Usually, you'll have to put on heaps of weight overall before you start seeing inch increases on your bis. Also you might be able to put an inch on them but it not look like that because of where your muscles insert, i.e. if you have short or long bis, etc.

Definately, although as has been mentioned, you will need to gain alot of weight, maybe an extra 10kg or so.

Work hard on your triceps too, as they make up the majority of your upper arm.

The first inch or 2 takes no time, I started with 12" arms and got to 16 reasonably quick, but after that boy it takes a long time.

I'm up to 15.2 inch now??? Weird, and that's not measured after a work out either. Oh well if I keep gaining like that every week I'll be happy haha.

Another question though. I'm having trouble gaining on my chest. I've gained a little, but most of my gains seem to be arms, traps, shoulders, and some on my lats. I've got Arnolds book on exercises, with heaps for the chest, so I'm going to try and mix it up. But does anyone else find it hard to gain on the chest? And are there any tips anyone can give me?

Also those 3 or 4 muslce on your rib cage on the sides. How do you get them, what exercises? I have nothing there right now.

Thanks.

I'm up to 15.2 inch now??? Weird, and that's not measured after a work out either. Oh well if I keep gaining like that every week I'll be happy haha. hahah here's hoping. Good Luck

Another question though. I'm having trouble gaining on my chest. I've gained a little, but most of my gains seem to be arms, traps, shoulders, and some on my lats. I've got Arnolds book on exercises, with heaps for the chest, so I'm going to try and mix it up. But does anyone else find it hard to gain on the chest? And are there any tips anyone can give me? Do not mix it up too much. Stick with a set routine for a few weeks so you can reap the benefits, then you can change up your ecercises, sets, reps etc

Also those 3 or 4 muslce on your rib cage on the sides. How do you get them, what exercises? I have nothing there right now. They are the serratus muscles. Dumbell pullovers work the serratus as well as lat and chest exercises, They also act as stabilizers. You generally won't see them unless you have very low bofyfat

Thanks.
See comments in red.