• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long do you train for?

How many hours do you train a day

• Under 1 hour

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • 1-2 hours

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • 2-3 hours

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 4+ (can be split into double day sessions)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You need to increase volume to get stronger
At some point you can't add any more weight fast enough to create enough stimulus
So you have to train for longer
Whether it's longer training sessions or more training sessions
Generally the people that don't train for long do so very often and vice-versa

My sessions are currently under an hour but I do this 6x a week and it's pretty much non-stop lifting. Finish the set, change the plates, swig of water then the next set... If I took 5 minutes between sets lol I'd be training at least half an hour longer. This is just me explaining what I do

1 1/2 hours 4 days a week. Training for transformation more than strength but totals now 270 @ 98kg

Headphones in, music pumping, 45minutes in and out. Love it when its quick. Lactic acid build up feels great too.

Same workout with partner can take 1.25 - 1.5hours

Zach was in the gym for 5 hours today.

Not being sarcastic here, but is that really necessary? My longest day is around 2 hours and that includes all my pre-workout rolling/mobility, working up to 3RMS on squat/bench/clean and accessories as well.

If it's his hobby and what he enjoys doing and is around his friends then why not?