• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you break your belts in?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
I've read about putting them in the dish washer, running over them in a car, soaking them in a sink etc....

How do you guys do it?

I just wore mine too.

Though I have heard of people keeping them in the bathroom during hot showers and beating them with a bat. I wouldn't soak mine personally.

Just got my new Iron Tanks belt delivered this morning. So just walking around the house with it on will help?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

theory behind breaking the belt in was to soften the leather making the belt form a fit to the curves of your body.

I just wear it. If I haven't worn it in a couple weeks, it'll chaff a lot for the first week or two, but then the skin over my obliques adapts.

theory behind breaking the belt in was to soften the leather making the belt form a fit to the curves of your body.

Just buy a tighter belt.

A good belt will probably never get that comfy and shouldn't, you want a lot of resistance from the belt.

I bought my Titan Toro in 2008. Its still as stiff as a board today.

When I first got mine it was dead straight and I couldn't do it up. I rolled it up as tight as I could on itself and left it for a couple of weeks. That softened it enough so I could do it up. Other then that I reckon just wearing it will be the best.

http://www.ptccanberra.com.au
The home of old school strength & conditioning in the ACT.

I have the Iron Tanks 10mm lever belt, it's though as and would take ages to wear in, I only use it for some lifts I tighten it just before the lift and release the leaver straight after.

It's never going to be comfortable, but that's not the point of it.

Pro Lever Leather Weightlifting Belt

I wore my leverbelt over a jumper for a fair few times. The edges just cut my stomach to bits. Did the trick.