• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do people keep their fats so low on a bulk?

Alpha Moth

I see people with fats in the 50-100g range, how do they do it? I'm not exactly eating crappy foods. Here is an example of my diet (without dinner).
Now with dinner, and any other snacks I have it goes 150+

How the hell do I keep it down? Or should I just not worry? Yes I eat oats 3 times a day because it is cheap lol
84012819.jpg

I'm 73kg, 181cm. I want to reach at least 80kg by the end of the year. Don't really care at the moment about looking shredded, I'm a twig, I just want to get bigger and stronger and put on some good quality mass.

The eat and train dont worry about counting calories..

Eat good lean food. Drink some milk. Dont eat processed shit.. You cant go wrong.

thats not a good diet, ur eating the same shit everyday, try mix it up otherwise u wont be geting a good balance of vitamins ect! it is a good day of eating but i wouldnt eat like that everyday....

thats not a good diet, ur eating the same shit everyday, try mix it up otherwise u wont be geting a good balance of vitamins ect! it is a good day of eating but i wouldnt eat like that everyday....

I ate the same food 90% of the time for 7 months, I lost around 25kgs.

Being consistent is important. Even if you are trying to gain weight.

I'd say add more protein and vegetables.

food is just a tool..

i have servings of vegetables with most meals too, and I have a few extra snacks during the day too.

Listen to n00bs and dave

my diet today:

breakfast: big bowl fruit, 3tbs fish oil, bacon eggs tomatoes fried (olive oil poured over tomatos) 500ml full cream milk

lunch: protein shake (pwo), 300gram steak, big salad, 500ml milk

dinner: dark chicken meat with skin kept on, roast veges (olive oil poured over veges), 500ml milk

my diet is pretty much inspired by PTC #37 newsletter

Last edited:
To get big, eat big. Don't worry about how much comes from fat or whatever. Just eat lots of fresh fruit and vegies, lots of nuts and beans, some meat, fish and dairy, and plenty of starchy stuff for energy.

Limit junk food and booze, they give lots of energy but not much nutrition.

Do all that and lift heavy. Gym doesn't make you strong, recovery makes you strong. And food helps recovery.

Hugo Girard, Quebecoise strongman. Do you think this guy worries about his fat intake?

94291.jpg

Last edited:
I see people with fats in the 50-100g range, how do they do it? I'm not exactly eating crappy foods. Here is an example of my diet (without dinner).
Now with dinner, and any other snacks I have it goes 150+

How the hell do I keep it down? Or should I just not worry? Yes I eat oats 3 times a day because it is cheap lol

For starters you're eating mixed nuts with 3 meals, if you want to cut out some fat cut down on the mixed nuts. Maybe change your breakfast to oats, eggs, an apple and trim milk? More protein less fat. Also go for more carbs & protein and get some more fruit n veg into ya :) You don't have to count calories but make sure you have a plan and stick to it

I still want to know why you think you need to limit fat, go do a search about fat and testosterone production just to start you off.

Dave x2???

Who cares about trim milk if your bulking. Eat your nuts if not more and follow what Kyle said. End of story! I am somewhat jealous you can eat so many oats though! I love oats but only have them for breakfast. Until noobs finds a study that oats give you tuma's they are my new ice cream...
Posted via Mobile Device

sorry to be offtopic here but how do you set your diet out like that? is there an automatic calculator that splits up the macros or is it just your own spreadsheet thing?

By using liquid emals for bulking I can keep fat below 100 grams even with 8,000 calorie intake. However, without liquid meals, I can also get fat WAY over this!

I think its good to incorporate fats in to some meals especially breakfast.
there are alot of nutrients etc in fats that can properly fuel your whole day especially a mid morning or midday work out.

I will get up at 2am to go have a protein shake, and then another about 6 am with fried whole eggs on toast. and then a work out about 45mins to an hour later. The workouts are properly fueled and my muscles get all the benefit. doesn't matter what I eat during the rest of the day as long as the carbs are clean and the protein is high.

I think diets fall apart because we dont understand how individually or bodies actually process this shit.

The basic principles of dieting like what to eat can help everyone, but when your body needs it or not at all is entirely up to how your individual system works.

I would worry about calorie count and all that crap when Im cutting.
Personally I eat like a man possessed when im bulking. just being smart about when and what. I take no notice of other peoples diets or conventional methods.

Trial and error will always prevail. It's just part of the journey. which is the bit I like most.