• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hit the wall

Senator

Just wondering how many of you have hit the wall training i was doing a 8 week cycle on the bench going great doing 5x5 s then the following week(wich would be week 6) i thought i would do 3 reps x 5 sets at a increase of 5kg i could just get one rep up tried again just another one rep got pissed off WTF i put it down to over training this has near happened in over 20years of training .Back to basics now and a complete rethink :( cheers people and good lifting

I wouldn't pin one bad session down to over-training. Plenty of other stuff can cause a fail like that (lack of sleep, not eating enough the day before, onset of a cold, just bad luck).

A couple of bad sessions in a row on the other hand...

Have you been in to train at 'The Cave yet?

One session with my self or Fuz & you will change the way you think about training...

I wouldn't pin one bad session down to over-training. Plenty of other stuff can cause a fail like that (lack of sleep, not eating enough the day before, onset of a cold, just bad luck).

A couple of bad sessions in a row on the other hand...
Yeah your right all of the above and more i ll see next week how i go on my heavy bench day maybe i will have too face up to being to facken old LOL cheers and good lifting 5imon

Was trying this 5/3/1 shit but a think i pharked it up badly i ll go back to the one i all ways used unless some can give me some better ideas :)

Nic i got it of the net (what i thought)and i strayed from it which i have a habit off doing anyway did 5x5 120kg then following week tried 125kg 3x5 (should of gone 122.5 kg)thats when i came unstuck havent tried a pb this year was aiming 140 then later this year 150kg any suggestion thanks