• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

High vs low frequency training

How often do I train each muscle group?

• Total voters

Repacked

Punxsutawney resident
How many of you employ high vs low frequency training styles e.g. high frequency - training a body part 2-3 times a week and low frequency less than once every seven days.

For those of you training high frequency, do you keep the volume low as a trade off?

How many days per week are you training, what's your split, how long are your sessions typically; and have you found this style effective?

There's a fair deal of overlap in compound lifts so main muscle groups gets worked twice a week if I train 4x/week.
Start with heavier low rep sets, back off with higher rep lighter sets. Best of both worlds eh?

Currently doing full body, approx. 4 times a week.
regarding your question juganaut, there's always a trade off with any routine, you can work hard some of the time and you can work long some of the time but you can't work hard and long all of the time.

there's always a trade off with any routine, you can work hard some of the time and you can work long some of the time but you can't work hard and long all of the time.
True dat. Intensity and endurance don't go hand in hand, so to speak. (without chemical assistance)

Currently doing full body, approx. 4 times a week.
regarding your question juganaut, there's always a trade off with any routine, you can work hard some of the time and you can work long some of the time but you can't work hard and long all of the time.

You've just got back in the gym a couple of months ago if I remember correctly?

How many of you employ high vs low frequency training styles e.g. high frequency - training a body part 2-3 times a week and low frequency less than once every seven days.

For those of you training high frequency, do you keep the volume low as a trade off?

How many days per week are you training, what's your split, how long are your sessions typically; and have you found this style effective?

And how do you measure progress ?

I typically train each bodypart once a week......

when end I was a bit more serious I might hit lagging bodyparts twice a week.

High frequency, high reps, high volume, with a focus on metabolic work for muscle growth, not CNS adaptation work that would eat into recovery, that is needed for optimal muscle maintenance and/or growth..., depending on caloric consumption.

twice per week. I wouldn't say my volume is low each session. It's not 5 day bb split with 3-4 exercises for one muscle group though. (I tried that once and found it quite boring so didn't suit me)