• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

High Calorie Shake!

Wo, lots of info in that one.

I hope you didn't think I was having a go at you in my last post Fadi, it was a bit of a joke.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry Sticky, but I did not see any smiling or laughing icon beside your comment so I took it for what it says. No, I didn't think you were having a go at me or anyone else for that matter Sir; all's cool :)!

Fadi.

Hey Fadi,

I got some coconut oil from the health food shop the other day - it came in a little jar and is like wax lol - I just got a tablespoon and leveled it out and ate it - is this how you do it? - I don't mind doing it this way.

Hey Fadi,

I got some coconut oil from the health food shop the other day - it came in a little jar and is like wax lol - I just got a tablespoon and leveled it out and ate it - is this how you do it? - I don't mind doing it this way.

At what temperature does coconut oil go solid?

It goes solid at about 24°C. As it cools from the liquid state, (26°C and above) it forms small "pearls" which join together until the whole product is solid at 24°C. When cooling faster in a fridge the pearls are much larger and the oil can appear more translucent. I would love nothing more than to be able to include it in my protein/carb shakes but it's simply impossible (unless of course you don't mind having "pearls")! To anyone here who has liquid coconut oil that remains in a liquid state at all times, please do your good self a huge favour and throw it away immediately! Off topic, (and in exactly the opposite direction now) is for anyone who has a polyunsaturated oil that is solid at all times (as in margarine for example), would be wise to throw that disease causing rubbish away immediately also.

So yes, what you're doing is fine until the weather warms up a bit and the dynamite becomes liquid again. I've just copied and pasted a small portion of what I had written on another forum re coconut oil for you.

Fadi.

Last edited:
same goes for natty peanut butter... kept that thing in the fridge and had to get out the oxy torch to melt the stuff lolll

I think I am going to have this as part of my cheat on Sunday morning (will have the rest of my cheat sat night - dinner - pasta hmmm)

2 packs muscle milk
couple tablespoons honey
around 200g peanut butter
heap of choc/van ice cream
maybe abit of choc topping

So..

I wouldn't say its Tasty... Infact, its pretty damn discusting - but i'm experimenting so thought i'd share it anyway ;)

1x scoop Fitness Central WPC (30g)
2x scoops Fitness Central Oatmass (60g)
1 cup frozen rasberries
400ml Low fat Milk
2 Tablespoons Milo (I think this contributes to the shit taste..)
2x Raw Eggs
1x Banana

Blend er' up and away you go!

So since the last time, I've refined the shake a bit more - added some more flavours and Hey Presto! I have a thick, creamy, berrylicious shake full of good calories.

Heres the reviewed recipe; I take this morning and night. I use just oats/protein morning tea/afternoon tea and a large chicken/vege serving at lunch.

1x Scoop WPC (30g)
2x Scoops Oatmass (60g)
1x cup frozen berries (seasons choice is good! Rasberries, cranberries etc)
400ml low fat milk (If you want more of a creamier taste, use FC milk)
1x tablespoon natural honey
1x large banana
1x handful of ice cubes
2x Raw Eggs

I normally make a double serving in the morning. Mixing the above makes approx 1.3L of liquid. I removed the milo as it was too grainy and tasted like ass, and replaced it with natural honey that adds a bit of sweetness to the mix. Add more ice cubes to make things a little cooler and more slushy-like.

I've experimented with all Berries, and they're all equally good. I've blended apple halves into the mix before also - this is nice but not necessary if you're short on time.

NOTE: Your shake will be a HEAP sweeter if you use a flavour sachet with the fitness central WPC. But if you dont mind a mild oaty taste, i'd skip the flavour sachet as the same flavour can become sickening very quickly. Alternatively - just use half or quarter of the flavour sachet :)

Let me know what you think..

Anyone looking for coconut oil can get it from Proffesional whey .com.
I can cocur with Fadi that this stuff is truly amazing and tates great. I have a jar in my desk at work and just spoon a teaspoon out at about 3pm every day. Highly recomend it

I've written about this "miracle" oil before and would advice anyone who values their health to stay away from it. I've taken it before buying it directly from a most famous factory here in Australia. I thought I was having a wonderful product until the day I actually received a bottle that was not off!

Basically what I'm saying here is that this oil is so high in PUFA that it's nearly impossible to insure the consumer (you and I) receive it before it has already gone off/oxidised/gone rancid/became cancer causing! I don't have to tell anyone here about how the inflammatory mechanism works within our bodies. This oil instead of putting out the fire of inflammation, it actually exasperate the problem many times over, causing joint pain and other more serious side effects. It's the least stable of all known oils and that's a fact!

If I ask anyone here about the reason they would take flaxseed oil, most likely the answer would invariably be the same: “omega 3 fatty acids of course, the EPA and the DHA". Well I'm here to inform you that this oil is very low in omega 3 when it comes to the real world effects versus what we see on paper. This oil is very high in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which if we live in a perfect world, would happily convert itself to the most needed eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).

Everyone here knows by now that I'm not a great fan of EPA either, so no fish oil capsules for me thank you very much...I like my immune system too much to suppress it with such an unbalanced amount of EPA to DHA.

I have also read about some negative effects emanating through some estrogenic hormone effects but can’t really place them so I want be talking about this subject now.

I just realised that I've turned this simple thread into a more complicated one which means it's time to put the breaks on now.

Fadi.

Fadi, The second link you posted only applies to "severely ill patients in need of enteral nutrition..."

Last edited:
I just guzzled

500mls milk
30g almonds
1 cup rolled oats
2 bananas
1 table spoon coconut oil
30g wpi/wpc - choclate

WOW, what a taste sensation :)

Note - 2 table spoons of coconut oil next time.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just guzzled

500mls milk
30g almonds
1 cup rolled oats
2 bananas
1 table spoon coconut oil
30g wpi/wpc - choclate

WOW, what a taste sensation :)

Note - 2 table spoons of coconut oil next time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds good man - chuck some peanut butter in there 2!

This morning:

400ml apple juice
30g Oatmuscle
30g WPI
30g Pitted prunes
1 egg
20ml macadamia oil
20ml coconut oil (taken seperately)
1000mg DHA oil (taken seperately)
200mg EPA oil (taken seperately)
1320mg Cetyl myristoleate fatty acid (taken seperately)
Plus other things...

Next time I'd have to add some apricot oil, it has a taste to kill for!

Taste: 10/10
Texture: Ultra smooth
Smell: Nougat
Calories: High!
My Joints: Just love being showered by all these wonderful lubricants.

Sounds good! Will having a combination of high carbs & fat affect fat storage (due to the insulin)?

Sounds good! Will having a combination of high carbs & fat affect fat storage (due to the insulin)?
Fat blunts the effect of insulin, hence it's not a macro you would want to have if your intention was to create an insulin spike before/intra/after training.

Re having a combo of fat and carb and its effect on fat storage; here we're dealing with someone who wants to gain weight and this person usually has a fast metabolism and needs all the calories he can master. So in that context, I would not be worried about fat gain.

Fadi.

oh man i gotta try some of these, i have my own recpie which ill post up with some pics soon, but its lightweight compared to the stuff here lol.

haha, this is exactly what i do everyday as well.

I stick to the standard cup of milk+oats, banana, 30g whey and peanut butter. I have these 3-4 times a day as im a fast metaboliser and need all the calories i can get.

Do you blokes scull your drinks?

What flavoured whey do you guys use? I'm thinking about doing a oats+milk+banana+peanut butter + milo for flavor bu no idea if that would taste any good lol

for the people adding eggs, are you just cracking raw eggs into the blender?

i remember trying raw egg/milo shakes a few years ago and that was absolutely disgusting but that might of been due to the quality of blender i was using.