• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Name: Dan

Training Experiences: Used to train alot in my 20s, but havent trained for 3 years, I got married and lazy. Time to undo that and start training again bigtime!

Any Interests: Getting back in shape, getting to the heavy compound lifts again, walking my 2 crazy dogs, eating food, and going to the pub.

i have my own power rack and weights room at home, and just did some serious dusting lol. im hoping to train every second day after work, with the occasional 2 day gap when social events come up. 3 sessions done now, i need a diet. Currently 99kg fat, need to lose weight at the same time.

Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log

Hello!

I'm Shaun and I'm 44, a novice powerlifter and live on the Central Coast. I've lifted on and off since high school but it has just been the past few years that I have been really in strength training. Currently running 5/3/1 which has worked really well for me.

Goals are to compete in a comp (and I'm signed up for one on March 16) and eventually squat/deadlift over 200kg and bench over 140kg.

Not sure what my 1RMs are at the moment with squat and deadlift. I haven't tested them for a while but they would be around 170kg. Best bench is 115kg x 2.

I'm here to learn more about powerlifting and just have fun on the forums.

Hey Shaun, welcome to the board! Those are pretty similar numbers to me. I'm also aiming to compete as a novice, but in 2014. I want to get my deadlift to 220kg, my squat to 200kg and my bench to 150kg. I'm returning from a layoff though so my current numbers are shameful.

Hey Shaun, welcome to the board! Those are pretty similar numbers to me. I'm also aiming to compete as a novice, but in 2014. I want to get my deadlift to 220kg, my squat to 200kg and my bench to 150kg. I'm returning from a layoff though so my current numbers are shameful.

Thanks DCMusic. Be intrigued to see how long it takes for your to get your numbers back. Muscle memory etc.

It has been a good 15 years since I have done any weights. Looking to get back into shape and bulk up a bit. Going slowly slowly at the moment. Hoping this site will assist in development of workout programs and equipment advice.
Greg

Hey there

Thought i would just say a quick hello.

Originally from South Africa, been training for close on 10 years (used to be a skinny mofo).

Current weight around 100kgs but carrying a bit more fat than ususal.

Did a couple of competitions in 2005/6 but not looking to go to that extreme again.

cheers

Hi every one just joined

I'm a Concreter living in Perth so keep fairly fit due to the nature of my work. The thing is my body has become conditioned to my work so I am starting to put on a bit of weight.

I've joined a gym to convert this fat to muscle I'm 45 yrs old 6 foot tall(sorry cant remember my height in cm) an weigh 87 kg.

I love working out an look forward to it. Really looking forward to the next few months as love the boom you get in growth when you first start.

I haven't worked out for about 10 yrs though I used to ride about 2-300 km a week(about 5 yrs ago) but due to work haven't got time for this any more.

Anyway thanks for having me guys an gals see ya

- Name :Jess
- Training experience (if you have any that is) :After deciding to join the defence force I have been looking at the weights side of training and am finding I'm really enjoying it. I have some basics but am keen to learn more and focus on getting stronger. I am currently going to Surge in Wanneroo and soon Clarkson. Would love to find someone experienced to train with.
- Any Interests : dogs, music, movies etc.

I signed up a while ago, but this is my first actual post. It's been a great journey thus far, hope to be a regular poster.

- Name: James

- Training experience (if you have any that is): I first started when I was around 15-16, but that was all pretty elementary and infrequent. I originally wanted to play AFL but after a series of three operations on my legs, that dream was put to bed. It re-opened my eyes to the bodybuilding industry and so I started slowly once again in 2010. A few things happened and I got sick, so I had a few months off. At this stage, I still didn't know anything and was blindly training. I started training with regularity in mid 2011 as a way of battling a few things I had going on, and I developed a real passion for it. Fast forward to now and I've been training hard and eating very well for about a year and have made great progress.

- Any Interests: I'm studying Sports Management at university and I'm also doing my certificate III/IV in fitness to become a gym instructor and personal trainer.

Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log

- Name :Jess
- Training experience (if you have any that is) :After deciding to join the defence force I have been looking at the weights side of training and am finding I'm really enjoying it. I have some basics but am keen to learn more and focus on getting stronger. I am currently going to Surge in Wanneroo and soon Clarkson. Would love to find someone experienced to train with.
- Any Interests : dogs, music, movies etc.

Hey Jess I live in Clarkson and ended up joining Jetts. Though its not as big or as good as surge it's half the price, so that was good enough for me.

Anyway if you ever change gyms I will see you there

Vic Newbie

Hi. Everybody calls me Pez, I am 46 and live in Geelong Vic. I have just started going to the gym 4 days a week mainly to get fitter but wouldn't mind getting bigger. At the moment I go to gym and do a fair bit of machine weights and a few free weights. Someone recommended doing 1 day of cardio 1 day of legs 1 day pushing exercises and 1 day of pulling exercises any advice on this or a better routine??

Thanks in advance Pez.

hey from the meat man

hey girls and guys
been casualy going to the gym for a couple years now ive lost close to 30kg in the process im at the point now where im planning a bulk up then cut to unvail some new muscle heres hoping. gettn married in oct so thats my main drive at this stage.
glad i can join your forum was on another but i think it got closed down cant access it anymore.
im from wa is anyone also from the wild west or mainly eastern states?