• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Name: Rick Young

Ocupation: GYM Owner

Business Name: "Totally Pumped"

Training experience: Started lifting weights in 1984 at Leeton NSW in Joes Gym, been doing it off and on since, as well as football, marathon running, triathlon and competitive cycling. Now train with my wife who I am currently training for the 2013 season hopefully for a IFBB event if I can find an events calendar somewhere.

- Name: Jake
- Training experience: Episodic stop start weight training for last 16 years. Consistency has been difficult with work etc so have now built a basic home gym with a power rack and weights, flat bench and dumbbells. Want to build some muscle over the next 12 mths and then focus on strength. Doing a light heavy routine of 5x5.
- Any Interests: Training, HSV's, whippets, gardening - we grow our own fruit and veg.

- Name : Joe
- Training experience (if you have any that is) : Been training on and off for a couple of years, been at it for a year now.
- Any Interests : Footy!!!!

Looking forward to learning a lot from you all!

hi all

New here been training on and off for the last 10 years but never seriously. Been getting stuck in proper this year. Been lurking for a bit. Need to train the legs before photos before I get bro comments which are probably warned. Anyways Hi!

G'day,
Im Dazz, 30 yrs old and have been training on and off for 13 years now.

Current stats-
Hight: 5 foot 9"
Weight: 84kg
BF%: 14
measurements unknown. ( not interested in keeping records of my measurements or how much i can lift anymore. For the sake of this thread, last time i did take measurements my arms were just on 18" flexed)

Long term goal...... to keep living the lifestyle, im not interested in getting huge like i was when i first started, now its about symmetry, proportions, fitness and overall health.

Have not been a member of a bodybuilding forum for years so i thought id join and see whats new, share and ofcourse learn. You never stop learning no matter how long youve been bodybuilding.

Hobbies are bodybuilding, watching movies whilst doing cardio, gaming, history etc. Just recently quit smoking, i was a heavy smoker for 4 years, im now 2 weeks smoke free.

cheers-
OS

Last edited:
G'day all, joining up here to talk to and learn from some sensible Aussies not Americans on BB.com ;)

Name: Rauri
City: Brisbane
Occupation: Looking for a job as a PT, so far I've learnt a lot of gyms despise bodybuilders and would rather do TRX and run on a treadmill for ages.

I've been lifting since I was 16 but only in the last 18 months or so have I really been taking it seriously and loving it, I want to take it as far as I possibly can.

G'day,

Been reading here alot but thoguht I'd join the fun.

Been doing abit of training on and off but nothing too serious.

12 Months ago was asked to do Toughmudder so thought it was an excuse to get into shape. Was weighing in at 104kg and not in bad shape but not great shape either.

Decided to strong lifts at work here and dropped 11kg's and gained some good strength (for me)

Hit PB's quite quickly since I never really trained that seriously before.

Squat: 155kg
BP: 105kg
O/H Press: 70kg
Row: 85kg
Deadlift: 145kg

Now have a love of lifting and generally health and fitness and have just sold all my bar room accessories to fill it out with some new gym equipment. Thought best to promote health and fitness to my young boy rather than everything alcohol.

And I'm 33.

Cheers :)

Gday All,

Name is Mina.

This forum has always had good tips on it so thought id join up...being a working pharmacist in sydney so i know a little especially when it comes to the drugs haha although im sure there are people on here than can also teach me a thing or two as well!!

Looking to get back into working out as well but with 70hr weeks its a little difficult!!

Aim is to get lean and have a little more definition. Ive lost about 8kgs (106 to 97ish)on diet alone in the past 9 months and managed to keep them off which is a considerable achievement for me! Lost 2-3 inches of waist and 1-2 inch off chest.

Its all been study and work so far and now its time to focus on health especially coming onto 25 now...ive heard and seen its a slow downhill from here till you hit forty haha...

I love my work and my patients and thats what gets me up in the morning and gives me the motivation to keep the advice i give them, my self, with respect to their health!

Fan of golf, basketball, soccer, cricket and majority of all sports, working out and also computer games, movies and tv shows.