• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Hello peoples

- Name Dustin
- Age 37
- Gender male
- Location gold coast
- Training experience 10 years on and off last 3 years have been consistent hard training. 6 years gymnastics coaching
- Any Interests finding out how strong I can get

Joined ausbb to increase my knowledge on all things training related

it's all good , no computer skills needed for this joint
you'll be fine , have any dramas just let us know , someone will be happy to help you out

Welcome to all new members!

Don't forget to start a training log and to accept my friendship request. I will then send you details of additional member benefits shortly after.

Enjoy the forum! :)

Welcome to all new members!

Don't forget to start a training log and to accept my friendship request. I will then send you details of additional member benefits shortly after.

Enjoy the forum! :)

lmfao

Ahhhh you are the smoothest mofo on the planet. You should sell cars G :cool::D

G'Day all,

Rastis;

24;

185cm;

Bloke;

Live in country NSW;

Played rugby (and therefore trained) since I was 8, it is far and away my sport of choice (I have tried a lot of others) followed by water polo (no local comps now I'm no longer in high school or living at uni).

Work supplied me with a gym membership about 18months ago so I swapped swimming laps infrequently for gyming fairly frequently in the summer and less so in rugby season. Was going with a crew from work one of whom is a PT and great motivater. Last year that bloke left work and some of the others have moved away so lost that awesome group motivation to train hard so haven't achieved much (but maintained well) for about 12 months.

In that time frame I have dropped from 130kg to (last week) 99.5 - the first time I've been under 100kg since 15..... Never was an "unfit" fat kid as I've always taken rugby seriously and had dogs to run etc but finally got my diet right and gee I feel better for it.

However, whilst being lighter makes running around the paddock easier it makes it harder to achieve the results in scrums/rucks etc - so my biggest training goal is increased strangth/functional ability for rugby (my diet and dogs will help me cut off the rest of the fat...). Already moved from prop to second row, I want to cement that move and then creep further back to number 8...

Long winded post but I came across this fourm doing searches to compare home gym set ups and have loved that info and other discussions - I'm off to start asking some questions there and then get stuck into one of the neewb programmes!

- Name - Chris
- Age - 28
- Gender - Male
- Location - Brisbane
- Training experience (if you have any that is) No serious weight training experience, the usual stuffing round when you are a teen, but plenty of training for rugby, cricket etc.
- Any Interests
Rugby (Union and League), Cricket, TV, Gaming, Reading

It would also be a good idea to say why you joined Ausbb
Looking to expand knowledge and get some other ideas for training and such

Do you have any goals in mind?
Have been overweight all my life but was a fit 80-90kg during high school back in NZ, left school went to uni drunk and ate too much and that just continued hit 128kg in 2010 and decided to do something about it.

Since Jan '11 I've lost just on 30kg now floating round the 98kg mark, obviously looking to to lose more and gain some strength.

So uh yeah Hi!

Last edited:
Hey Chris!
Welcome to ausbb :)

Congratulations on your fat loss so far! Great effort and you should be really proud of that! Good luck with your training goals, look forward to tracking your progress :)

Western Sydney
Have done bodybuilding type exercises May 2011 - Jan 2012 then moved onto more powerlifting type training like 5/3/1
Done muay thai & bjj 2009 - 2011 getting back into it next week

Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Name - Don
- Age - 38
- Gender - Male
- Location - Bathurst
- Training experience (if you have any that is)
24 years off and on

- Any Interests
NFL, Video Gaming (MMO's mostly and some LOL), Reading, being a Dad

It would also be a good idea to say why you joined Ausbb
Always looking to learn more and chat about lifting. Since I work out in a home gym by myself I miss the gym atmosphere. Chatting on the forum kind of replaces that and keeps me motivated.

Do you have any goals in mind?
So far this year have lost nearly 5 inches off my waist and put 35kg on my squat and DL.
Current goal for September is to Squat 180kg.
Longer term goal, more likely for early next year would be an even 200kg.
Currently, rehabbing a shoulder. Woke up one morning and it hurt. Kinda lame really but its been bothering me for 6 months.

Type of training enjoyed
I am currently using a variation of 5/3/1. Well its pretty much straight forward 5/3/1 but I am working around the shoulder. Oddly I can bench but shoulder press and up right rows cause a lot of grief. Seems the vertical movements are causing problems but horizontal not so bad...

My training was pretty bad before I got onto 5/3/1 a year or so ago, doing some presses and pulls and thats about it. Work out for a few months, get bored, stop for a few. I had myself convinced that I didn't enjoy squats or dl so why bother. Since then I have really focused more on my lower body and been trying to bring it up to scratch. Since Xmas my squat has gone from 130 to 165 and my form improved out of sight. Now I enjoy doing them and have seen huge improvements in every area.

Wish I lived in a big city so I could join a proper strength training gym.

Last edited: