• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I love the fact that this thread is named after me. Also I can't believe that I had to register myself again. It's been a while... now in a lot older and more crippled version of me than back in 2007...

Name: Ryan
Training Experience: Not much but i touched a few free weights in a commercial gym
for around one year
Interests: Work, Work, Work. Im a electrician
Goals: Bench 100Kg Squat 140kg And Deadlift 180kg by the end of the year

Welcome Ryan!

Another Perth lad :)

Good luck with your goals, lots of information here to help you reach them too ;)

Thanks bellababy75 this site has been a great resource and alot friendlier than other bb forums I have been on

Ohhhh give it time ;)

lol

No, really, there are some very good people here, who will help you along the way! Look forward to hearing of your progress :)

Name: Ryan
Training Experience: Not much but i touched a few free weights in a commercial gym
for around one year
Interests: Work, Work, Work. Im a electrician
Goals: Bench 100Kg Squat 140kg And Deadlift 180kg by the end of the year
Welcome Ryan, good to have you onboard. Goodluck with your goals:)

- Name: Joshua
- Occupation: Student studying medicine and working in a pathology doing specimen reception
- Training experience (if you have any that is): Previously used to hit the gym but had quit earlier this year due to uni work and my job which really inconvenienced my hours
- Any Interests: I enjoy photography, sound engineering, soccer, playing guitar and playing with my dog

I have been lurking around this forum and have finally decided to join. I was previously following the 'Mike Chang Six Pack Shortcuts' routine before I had stopped because I had to move away from home for a while. I am attempting to get back into the routine (unless people say otherwise) and have decided to get myself a home gym (props to Gym Direct for the majority of the gear!) Hopefully I can learn a lot from this great community =)

Well, I figured after lurking here for a long time I should finally do the intro thing..

Name Steve
Age 38
Gender Male
Location Melbourne's East
Training experience not a great deal. Have been using my squat stands to do some basics, mainly the standard main lifts, but they are nothing to write home about. My PB's are: Squat 95, Deadlift 122.5, Bench 65 and OHP 47.5... this is all for 5 reps.
My intent is to clean the garage out over Easter and then order some flooring and a power rack and get to work on Starting Strength (unless I get some good advice to do something else instead). The power rack will be either the MMPR or its commercial "upgrade" once I figure out the room requirements and validate that it is the best option (and how to get the gymdirect discount if it is still valid!)
Mainly for exercise though I do kung fu/ba gua which almost instantly says that I am not going to be trying to get huge but rather facilitate and augment what I do with other training.
I don't think I will be a massive poster as I will likely never learn as much as many here already know and there are already many posters who are far better at explaining things than I. And many many good, educational, threads to read through.... so I won't waste time asking questions which there are already answers to. I may however ask some advice about form and wtf I am doing wrong most of the time :)
I'll probably also start a training journal once I have the power rack setup.
Any Interests
Lots :) I just bought a 7 string guitar which I am getting used to and love lots of music (off to see a band tonight called Iced Earth).
Okay that has probably bored you all senseless so I will go back to reading many of the beginners and nutrition threads to get me started

Hi Ausbb,

Just signing up to alleviate a little stress from Ben as things are in chaotic mode now for the company with more and more people gaining a tonne of knowledge on supplements and how to pick out value for money by reading ingredients and studying labels rather than just going off the graphics of a front logo.

I promise not to spam too much. I will just be here to answer any questions you may have and to also fill in on new products and promotions starting with the month of April, but most of all, we would like to see it a habit that we run constant competitions and give away prizes on Ausbb to you guys, the members. We'll try and make it fun, so if there are any suggestions on how we can kick this off, please be my guest.

Could a regular please direct me to the appropriate part of the forum I should be posting regarding supplements?

Many thanks.

hi

- Name: Christos
- Training experience: Just Footy / Soccer and Cricket
- Any Interests: Like food / gardening and movies.

Joined because about a year ago I started to realize I didn't want to be a scrawny dude anymore, I look young so I needed to do something about it, also had a big injury and now trying to get back into football.

Goal: To look like The Rock.
or... I want to bench 100kg by the end of this year.

I started using free weights about 9 months ago, got a bench about 5 months ago and for the past 3-4 months I have been working out 4 times a week and using a hefty diet to bulk up.. Its only been a couple of months of this new diet I found it hard initially to eat so much.

I'm 178cm and have put on about 10 kg across the chest. I enjoy hearing when people say Ive bulked up.

Started benching at 45kg, can now do 80kg.
Started squatting at 55kg can now do 90kg.
Can dead lift 100kg only just started that recently.

Currently building a home gym to increase my training capacity.

hey Christos - welcome to the forum :)

You've already made great strides! Well done. You'll find lots of support here for the journey you're on.

Keep at it, look forward to seeing your progress ;)

- Name: Jesse
- Training experience (if you have any that is): 2 years training 5x5 and other different strength programs.
- Any Interests: fishing, swimming, running, mountain biking