• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hey, I am Bobby. Male. Sydney. 29. 94kg (looking to drop to low 80's).

Looking to return to my former shape/fitness. However, in a healthier way. Have been training again since November. Dropping weight is tricky as I pt on bulk on easy, plus some meds I am on have messed around my metabolism.

Really enjoying this place so far.

Hi Bobby, Welcome to Ausbb:)

Name: Shane278
Training experience: 7 years

Hey guys I moved to Perth a month a go from Ireland, I haven't trained yet since I've been here as I'm looking to secure a job first which is proving difficult as I don't have PR status. I'm out in Bull Creek at the moment and will be looking for a gym in Perth very soon.

My PB's are:

B:140kg
D:230kg
S160kg

Sorry guys apparently I been lurking

- Name: Bob
- Training experience (if you have any that is): six months
- Any Interests: My lovely Wife & kids keep me pretty busy

hoping to learn a bit around here :)

Last edited:
Name - Matt

Age - 25

Gender - Male

Height - 185cm

Weight - 86kg

Location - Perth

Training experience (if you have any that is) - Used to train a lot when i was 17/18 until the gym I used at the local sporting club closed down. I've had a few on&off stints over the years and have been meaning to get back into training properly for ages, so after NYE I started eating healthier and joined up with a gym in late Jan. I also started a cert 3 in PT years ago, and was getting pretty good results, but dropped out due to other commitments n being a douchebag who just wanted to party all the time.
So far everything is going really well, and I'm getting very noticeable results physically. I'm also getting very consistent increases on all my lifts, especially on leg presses which have gone up from 80kg to 220kg in the 6 weeks I've been training. I think a lot of it is muscle memory, but I'm sure diet and supplementation have played a big part, as has massively cutting down alcohol consumption and using much better training techniques.
I joined up on here as I'm massively into reading up articles on dieting, training techniques and supps atm, and it would be great to be able to talk about these things with someone local, instead of seppos and poms :p

Any Interests
Aviation (trying to get my pilot's license)
Djing
Wine
South Park

Hello

Hey guys and girls,

New to the team and just want to say hello...

Been training for 2 years now and needed to ask a few questions. Hope you guys can help me with a few things.

Name: Nato
Training experience: 6-12 months.

I'm just coming back from a left knee arthroscopy, so building up strength again in my legs and knee. There's a bit of an imbalance at the moment, so I'm just trying to equalise it.

My stats are [calculated 1RM]:

Bench: 92kg
Deadlift: 80kg
Squat: 85kg
Db OHP: 55kg

Welcome to Ausbb - Australian Bodybuilding,Bloke

Hope that you enjoy your stay here at Ausbb , Introduce yourself , look around , ask some questions or just hang back in General Chat

Cheers...

What can I say? I am 32 and have a baby on the way in 3 months. I am married and the last 4 over 5 years have seen me change from quite a fit active person to a bit of a fat slob! I have recently joined a gym and am serious about moving away from the couch and taking an interest in my health once again.

Hopefully I can grab bits and pieces from y'all and put them together as I try to make my boy my temple once again. It is great to see people putting it out there and sharing info...

Welcome to the Forum

You are off to a good start already made the decision to change your patterns and look after yourself , nothing comes easy there are no short cuts only hardword and dedication

- Name - Michael
- Age - 25
- Gender - M
- Location - Adelaide
- Training experience (if you have any that is) - Started in 2003 when I was in year 12, so you could say 8 years training experience, only just perfecting now my regimes.
- Any Interests - Cars, Gaming, Computers, Gym, Formula1!

Hi all,

Name - Clinton (Clint)

Age - 28

Height - 175cm

Weight - 90kg

Sex - Male

Training experience - I've been weight training for around 18 months, however after joining and lurking this forum for the past 6 months I realized I wasted pretty much the first 12 months on fukarounditis routines where progression was minimal.

About me - I love to train and am happy with what I have achieved to date, but I really need to get as consistent with my eating as I am (now) with my training!!

Since about September ive been doing a mainly strength based routine, with three workouts with focus on squat/legs in first, deads/pull in second and bench/push in third. Rotate them throughout the week to with whatever days I get to train!!

Until this I never done a squat in my life, very rarely deadlifted and focused mainly on upper body (I know, please don't ridicule me ;) ) and maybe trained legs twice....

Current weight is 90kg, and has been around here for about past 2 months. When I started training I was sitting on 98.5 with quite high BF% (at a guess I'd say 25% but??) now have been training and eating a little better Ive managed to get to 90kg at around 15-17% (again at a guess).

Outside of the gym, I am married with two kids that keep us both very busy!! My wife and I fight for who can get time out to go hit the gym, which is good!! My wife loves to train and has done extremely well with her own accomplishments since the birth of our last one. She has lost 22 kg since his birth and he turns 1 tomorrow ;) it certainly helps to have someone at home who is motivated to train and loves it as much as I do!!

I work shift work so pretty much adjust my training to suit what's going to work best around that!

Anyways that's me in a nut shell, and probably the longest intro, but tried to put enough in for you guys (and girls) to know a bit about me, as I've got to know a bit about you all through forum stalking you guys for so long!!!! Hehe!

All the best and train hard!!

Clint :)