• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It was good while it lasted. Graeme made me feel special. Now I just feel cheap and used. He chewed me up and spat me out.

Graeme giveth and Graeme taketh away.

Oh the pain.... :(:(

drsmith-thepain.jpg

- Name: John
- Training experience (if you have any that is): 6 months doing starting strength following a broken leg. Got to squat of 100kg, deadlift of 120kg, OHP of 42.5kg and bench of 67.5kg all for 5 reps prior to cancelling gym membership due to lack of finances. Starting again now around 5/6 months late with convict conditioning type routine and rejoingin gym shortly.
- Any Interests: Soccer.

Hi guys, just joined the forum yesterday so I thought I'd do up an introduction.

Name: Joe

Training Experience:
I've lifted on an off since I was 15, mostly with no idea of nutrition until about 4-5 years ago. Even then, I've always had much more knowledge than application. I've always had major issues with my weight, and also a ton of injuries from judo, wrestling and MMA training. Since about October last year I've been focussing my efforts purely on strength, fitness and recomposition to try to salvage my physical health before my first child is born in July.

Interests:
Practical strength training, paleo nutrition, kettlebells, any and all martial arts but especially grappling, old school bodybuilding (1970's and prior.)

Goals:
Drop down from around 35% bodyfat (as measured by crappy electric scales) to sub 10% eventually. I also want to push my deadlift from 215kg up to 280kg, my bench from 145kg to 180kg and my squat from 195kg to 240kg. Other than those specifics, I just want to be fit and healthy and set a good example for my future kids.

Coaching experience:
I've been coaching judo and self-defence classes for a few years, and towards the end of last year took a group of our judo competitors into my gym and have been coaching them to some big strength gains. I've always been a better coach than athlete, but it's rewarding to see that I do have some knowledge even if I haven't had the discipline to apply it in the past.

Really looking forward to contributing and learning a lot here. :)

Hi all, it's time for me to introduce myself.

Name: Greg

Training Experience:
Well, there's nothing particular in terms of bodybuilding. I've played basketball ever since I was a kid competing in state championships. I preferred studying over professional sports so I had little time to keep up my training intervals and intensity during the uni years (which haven't even ended yet...). I moved to Sydney to study (I won a scholarship to do an MBA) six months ago and I wanted to restart training at some local club but I failed to find one suitable with my uni duties so far. If you have something specific in mind, don't hesitate to contact me :)
To wrap up the story, I couldn't play bball but there was a gym in the neighbourhood and I started going there 3 times a week just to ease my sport hunger. And, of course, I realised bodybuilding is fun and it's not so much different from my favourite sports in terms of community, need for endurance and challenges. What's more, with the proper determination one can achieve their goals quite quickly - at least in the beginning - and it feels great. So basically, that's why I'm here joining the forum. I'm a rookie but full of questions and drive.

Interests:
Especially chest and upper body strength since my legs are pretty strong thanks to 15 years of basketball. I'd like to balance my body to be "identically" strong everywhere.

Goals:
Simply to put on more muscle and to not look like a stick :) I'm also interested in the science behind bodybuilding. What type of chemicals effect what type of cells and anything like that. As a consequence, I'd like to understand how supplements work because there's always been some kind of caution in me towards them. Of course, I know they are scientifically engineered by heaps of medical and chemical staff but basically that's still all I know.

Hope to find my answers and great advice here.

Cheers
Greg

Teenager Fitness and training

hey guys, it would be useful to discuss some different options and whatever with some other teenagers or adults who would be kind enough to help out.