• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
- Michael
- Male
- Canberra

- Was well into sports as a kid, rugby (both codes) and cricket. Played at state level for both sports but never really took it serious enough to go any further. Had good opportunities and support through Rugby but never really put the effort in with weight training. So I gained some muscle but nothing impressive. I stopped playing sport and doing training at about 17. Since that time my diet has been shocking and my lifestyle pretty sedentary.

I started training again in November 2011 and I am taking it and my diet very seriously this time. I am currently doing PTC's beginners program (with some variations) and get withdrawals from not training. Diet is over the hump where it is no longer a diet and just what I eat. Without being too specific, my goal is to look and feel good, maintain good health and fitness to avoid hospitals and the like as I get alot older and to also set a good example for my kids (2 young boys).

- My current interests are my training, my family, movies, poker and sport (mainly the English Premier League, NFL, AFL and the Rugby codes). Used to also be quite good at video games, winning trips overseas for big comps, which was a major reason why I used to be quite sedentary. Have given that sh!t up now for good.

Welcome,

What "variations" are we talking about? Im on the program now and it's solid.

Hi mate,

Nothing major, I just upped the volume to 4 sets for each exercise as I have a desk job during the day. So when I'm not training I'm resting. I also added 3 sets of bodyweight dips.

Whilst lurking for awhile I have followed your log. I feel I have travelled a fairly similar path to you so far. ie. starting the weight light (for me not by choice, I just turned into a weakling) and trying to progress each session.

I am pretty keen to see this program out for a year before considering a change. I'm seeing really good progress in my lifts and body composition. I did take a pic at the beginning in November and started logging my lifts properly on the 1st of this year.

NAME: Alan

TRAINING EXPERIENCE: Visits to small town gyms many years ago, with more recent training {little} with Brad Killpack in the USA

INTERESTS: Soaking up as much of Australia as i possibly can, looking into building vintage wooden racing and runabout boats, enjoying some family time

WHY I JOINED AUSBB: Hopefully to get some insight as to what is available here

GOALS: First goal is to migrate to Australia by 2012

First goal met 16 Nov 2011, myself, wife, 2 daughters, 4 sons, and 2 Alaskan Malamutes

Second goal is to get into way better shape than i have ever been in, going to train to loose some weight but mainly get my body to where i want it, endurance and looks

Last edited:
hello. i am a new member here. these are my stats and some brief info:

training experience: about 10 years and 1 competition (ifbb)

height: 173.5 cm

weight: i am probably about 80kg and between 10-12% body fat

my story so far: i started training at about age of 19 after losing 30kg. before that i was seriously obese and had been since i was age 10. i have been training about 10 years and competed 1 x time in the ifbb. in the last few years i had stopped bbing to concentrate on music and so to free up time, i switched to a fitness regime involving lots of cardio and bodyweight exercises. i only went to gym once a month for a full body workout. this way i stayed in great shape and i was able to have the time i needed to write, practice and rehearse. my diet was decent but could have been better. i developed a taste for alcohol and late nights lol! regular all day long rehearsal sessions fueled by skinny lates and whatever food was around probably wasn't so good. nevertheless, my body fat was low and i was still eating enough protein and busting my ass. a few weeks ago i went to doherty's gym for the first time in a while and i was amazed at what improvements tony had done to the place. its bloody MASSIVE! i had a killer full body workout there. i decided right then its time to start training and eating like a bber again and that i will spend 2 years to concentrate on bringing up my weaker body parts and then consider the possibility of competing again. i am 100% natural and haven't done any AAS yet. it just seems to be too much hassle, maintenance and potential problems. you also should be very well educated in AAS before you join the "dark side" and well...i'm not.
i have decent genetics and i feel there is so much to be explored and experimented with in training and diet and i havent yet reached my natural limit. im excited like big kev because of what this new phase/era will bring now that my base fitness is far greater now than it was when i was seriously into my training. i'm doing hard sprinting these days and can chin up my body weight 20 reps, totally not possible when i was training seriously those years ago. i just face a challenge now of how to put 100% love and passion into both music and bbing, not drop one out and focus on the other. both require lots of time and energy. they are completely different worlds but with some similarities. anyways i've typed enough lol! next section...

other interests: as i mentioned, i'm a musician in an alternative/pop rock band. it keeps me busy outside of the gym and i like going out to see bands in melbourne. i have always been creative and interested in arts and i have often thought of bodybuilding as kind of art meets sport.

why i joined ausbb: because i was looking for an entire forum dedicated to australian bodybuilding and to get away from the steroid dominated bodybuilding forums.

lifting stats: not much for now. i had stopped all heavy training. strength seems to be returning. a back injury 2 months ago means no dead lifts or squats and much care to be taken.

goal: to add mass to my upper back, biceps and chest and then consider the possibility of competing again.

Welcome to the forum.

Why the hell would you compete in IFBB if you are natural?

It's like a road vehicle competing against Formula One's, doesn't matter how many modifications you make you can't win.

Welcome to the forum.

Why the hell would you compete in IFBB if you are natural?

It's like a road vehicle competing against Formula One's, doesn't matter how many modifications you make you can't win.

i disagree and i don't see it like that.

i never once thought even for a second about what the other guys were "on"

my mind was purely fixated on training and eating and getting in the best shape that i absolutely possibly could.

Well I disagree with you.
There are natty Feds for natty athletes and non drug tested Feds for drug users. Why would you disadvantage yourself.

there are probably many who are currently competing and have competed naturally in ifbb and nabba. it also depends on what class. i know there were 2 guys in my class who had competed and won shows in inba or anb.

NAME: Brad

TRAINING EXPERIENCE: 3 years all up. 1 year of purposeful training that's included leg work and progression.

INTERESTS: Nutrition, bodybuilding, finance, cars, games if there's any leftover time.

WHY I JOINED AUSBB: Education, opinion. My wife also signed up recently and has been treated well and is getting a kick out of posting her training log, etc.

GOALS: Short term is to bring my squat form and my posterior chain strength up. Long term I'd like to squat 2 x BW before I go consider going back to any kind of hypertrophy orientated routine.

Name: Ian

Training Experiences: umm, if you call random free weights during teens and early 20’s training. Then about 3 years ago joined a gym which lasted about 6 months.

Interests: Fitness, Cars, Bikes, Music, Sport

Current Weight: 81.7kg

Height: 179cm

Goals: Lean to squat, bench etc properly :)

Also get to <15% Body fat by Dec 2012, a lean 87+kgs in the next 2 years

I’m married and a dad of 3 who has over the last 7yrs, forgetting the 6mth gym stint, has done absolutely f#&k all to maintain my health and fitness.

My heaviest recorded weight 111.9kgs; god knows what body fat%.

In Sept 2011 I got mentally prepared for a change, weighing 101.8kgs.

With a strict diet change I was 79.9 just before X-Mas…. Fell off the wagon during the festive season and now sitting at 81.7kgs. Still want to get 3kgs lower before kicking off properly. At a guess I’m anywhere between 23-28% BF… will get some formal numbers soon.

Main goal is to get to 14-15% body fat and get some actual muscle bulk.

Im about to purchase a power rack, which in itself is has been a task finding one…

I know all about the muscle motion one, which definitely looks awesome but have a couple of others in mind…..

Muscle Motion – Awesome from what I have read

Little bloke fitness Power Rack – Not many reviews, has no dip bars

Southside fitness -Revolution Power Rack – not interested n the pulley but comes with for the price, no dip bars

Force Home Power Rack – has pretty much everything but looks mehh…. But seems to do the job.

Any comments welcome...

I’m currently trying to put together a decent meal plan. BMR based on the formulas found here is ~1808cal … ill probably be starting on PTC or Fadi’s beginner program.

Although Im very fresh, I promise ill do my best to find all the info I need myself before I start stalking and harassing people :)

Well that’s me in a nutshell…

Cheer

Ian

Last edited:
Thanks , yeah seems to be the consensus from most on here.
Forgot to mention a cyber market one also...$495
It's just less I pay for the rack the more I can spend on weights..

+1 On muscle motion rack. Just purchased one and have no comaplaints at all.
Also +1 on the PTC beginner program. I've been running it for 37 workouts and i'm getting back on track pretty quickly.

- Name:Vinny
- Training experience:15 years all up...however, started training four months ago after returning from a two year break.

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

g'day

Name: sean

Height : 194cms

Weight : 133

Been training on and off since I was 17 been in my current routine consistently now for 15 months