• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Big Tim, sounds more like huge Tim, welcome big fella

Thanks mate

I have been watching the evolution of Pro Raw with interest, I will have to get down and do a comp one day.

Of course, I will need to learn how to bench press first :(

I just read your journal on Marunde's site, strong bugger arent you.

How thick is the axle your doing C&P with?

Hope your thumb gets better soon. I will be holding a PROPER strongman comp in 2012, hope to see you there

Yeah I started that journal on MM and ran out of steam after about three entries, ha ha! To much effort converting kgs to lbs. I should actually go and update it with my last weeks training. More un-productive work time coming up!

The axle I am using is 50 or 52mm I think. The bumper plates barely fit on, and don't rotate which of course makes it harder, but replicates a traditional apollons axle better. Anything overhead is terrible for me, hence why I have really been focussing on it.

My thumb is a nightmare at the moment, I can't grip a bar properly at all, so all deadlifting above 180kg is done using straps, and I found I really struggled with a 295kg frame walk last week that I usually would do without any real issues. I am hoping it it just a sprain, but I really should get it xrayed just to be sure. I had surgery to screw and plate two broken metacarpals in the same hand late last year, so my luck is just out!

I hope you do run a strongman comp mate, I would be really keen to get involved!

Tim

Hi guys I've been lurking for a while now and think it is time to introduce myself now

Name
Glen
Age 37
Gender M
Location NSW Sutherland Area
Training experience Yes, but its well over 15 years now that I moved weights and I want to get back into it.

Was uns nicht umbringt macht uns staerker
- what doesn't kill us makes us stronger

Name steve
Age 26
Gender M
Location Bathurst nsw.
Training experience (if you have any that is) I do alot of cardio, i started doing cardio last year and lost 32kg. started weight trainging around 4 - 5 months ago now.
Any Interests cars, bikes, vintage dirt bikes. dogs.

seems like a great site and i hope to keep reading and getting some great information!

Hi fellow members, just thought id would say hi to everyone.My name is MARK,i am a 42year old male,who resides QLD.I have been training on and off for over twenty years.I am 180cm tall and currently weigh 122kg/approx 15% body fat.Have never competed but may at some stage(just love the iron game).My interests are gym/eating/eating.

Hi guys

Hi Guys (& Gals)!

Im a new member to the forum and to the BB fraternity.
Some info about me:
- Name - Lee
- Age - 32
- Gender - Male
- Location - Based in Perth but my work takes me FIFO to the North West
- Training experience - from a BB perspective, minimal id say, though i do know my way around most gym equipment, but like to keep it simple.
- Any Interests - surfing, sailing, great outdoors

I have joined AusBB because recently i have decided to transform my life... Being 32 and overweight (100kg for 175cm), and spent a decent part of my life devoting it to work but neglecting my fitness, it was time to flip the page over. I have started training consistently, and watching my diet, with a goal to shed the bf% but also grow, and also improve some flexibility too.

I do enjoy surfing and ocean sports generally but havent been able to find the time in the past to fully enjoy them - and when i have, the fitness and weight was no where near it needed to be to enjoy it as much as i did in my early to mid twenties - which sucks.

I have always had a strong admiration for body building too, and lets be honest...looking buff is looking good.

Also, i dont have any aversion to using 'gear' that will give me the growth i need, and I may at some point approach a doctor to assist me in this. As i see it im not a competitor or professional athlete (and dont intend to be), so im not out to 'cheat' anyone out of any medals.

Whats important to me now is achieving a mental state of training consistency and quality of life and carry it through to my 40's and 50's (and beyond!) - if i happen to grow twice as fast using a testo in the process, well thats just an offset to having poor genetics in the first place i suppose.

Initial Goals: lose BF, grow shoulders/arms/chest/back and core, improve stamina & flexibility. Dont care about abs yet (id settle for a flat stomach to start with!)

I hope to share the changes / growth / achievements I make and learn from the experience of others in the forum.

Thats me in a nutshell and any advice and training tips are definately welcome.

Name: Nathan
Training Experience: Been going to the gym for 2 and 1/2 months
Interests: Fitness.
Weight: 58kg
Height: 170cm
Bench Press: 70kg, (goal by end of 2011 100kg)
;)

Gday, New here...

Name: Tim
Training Experience: Been training for about 2 years...been training seriously for about 3 months :p
Interests: Fitness. CrossFit.
Weight: 82kg
Height: 183cm
Bench Press: 87.5kg, (goal by end of June is 5 x 100kg)
Squat: 117.5kg, goal is 2 x bodyweight.
Deadlift: 172.5kg as of last night, :cool:. goal is 200kg by end of June.
Military Press: Havnt tested a 1rm in a while. last workout finished with 7 x 47.5kg. some where around 57.5 i'd guess. 60kg in the next week i'm sure :cool:

since getting serious, and fixing my nutrition, strength gains have been seen every test session. Funny how that works.

I'm here to learn more. You cant know too much!

Should probably mention i'm using wendlers 5/3/1 for my strength stuff. I'm liking it...so i'll stick with this for a while. Works well with the crossfit stuff i do.

Cheers

Tim.

Name: Ryan (I know, you're all shocked by that)

Training experience (if you have any that is): Started training when I was 15, started training productively only last year.

Height/Weight: 172cm/67kg (skinny, I know; but this is also the heaviest I've ever been)

Progress: Weight +20kg since starting at 47kg. Seriously.

Press: 5x40kg (goal 1x60kg)

Power Clean: 3x50kg (goal 1x80kg)

Bench Press: 1x72.5kg (goal 1x100kg)

Squat: 1x110kg (goal 1x140kg)

Deadlift: 5x110kg (goal 1x180kg)

Any Interests: Training, theology, punintentional humour, Pokemon

Reasons for Joining: Was reading a thread on here a while back, got interested, then the forum said I had to sign up to keep reading. Want to share knowledge, gain knowledge and help others with their training.

Last edited:
Name- Jed , but been called stretch my whole life.
- Age- 37
- Gender- M
- Location- Adelaide
- Training experience (if you have any that is) Many hours of hard slog in the gym since the age of 17 total time taken off for injurys,, maybe 2 yrs.
- Any Interests - gym (no brainer) hunting, kickboxing, tattoos

Height - 200cm
Weight - 121 kg
Colour of undies - blue.

Gday fellas. Stretch, you'll need to start wearing lime coloured mankinis if u want to fit in around here :D

- Name : Mike
- Training experience (if you have any that is)
Back in high school, stopped once I finished high school though, shrunk.
- Any Interests
Far too many games and movies.
Cars (rotary/old muscle)

Height: 173cm ish.
Weight: 60kg ish.

I've got a really good jerk that I've been practicing over the years. Not so good at cleaning though.

I've got a really good jerk that I've been practicing over the years.
SHOCKED.gif