• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Name: John
Height: 175cm
Weight: 95kgs

Goals: Lose a lot of fat, gain fitness and functional muscle.

Once upon a time I trained every day. Did martial arts, running, worked in a gym and rode my mountain bike everywhere I went. Got married, had two kids and packed on the weight. Really packed it on.

Joined AusBB to connect with motivated people, pick some brains and keep inspired for a tough journey back to fitness.

Have some free weights to start, dumbbells and barbell, and have a cable crossover machine coming soon.

- Name: Barnicle
- Training experience: 3yrs currently not represented by my lifts :(
- Any Interests: Of course!

why you joined Ausbb: Seems to be one of not many Aussie resources where lifting is the topic

Do you have any goals in mind? get body fat down to a min 10% and of course get strong[er].

Welcome to the forum @thejamtin; @Barnicle;
Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log

Name: Leiothrix

I've been messing around with weights for a year or so, figured it would probably be a good idea to learn how to train properly.

Building up a home gym, always fun buying stuff. Problem is doesn't matter how much money you spend it doesn't do anything for you unless you actually use it.

Good to see an Aussie forum. It's depressing reading the US forums and seeing all the things that we can't get in Australia, or the relative prices between the two.

Name: jACK

Past Professions: Student

Training Experiences: Been training since 15

Interests: Fitness, Health, Bio Science

Current Weight: 100kg

Height: 180cm

Name: Leiothrix

I've been messing around with weights for a year or so, figured it would probably be a good idea to learn how to train properly.

Building up a home gym, always fun buying stuff. Problem is doesn't matter how much money you spend it doesn't do anything for you unless you actually use it.

Good to see an Aussie forum. It's depressing reading the US forums and seeing all the things that we can't get in Australia, or the relative prices between the two.

Where in wollongong?

And welcome!

Tim.

Hi All, thanks for the welcome
Name: John

Past Professions: professional tattoo artist

Training Experiences: training on and off for many years, last major training was 2001-2006, started at 89k and finished at 108k naturally

Interests: reptiles

Current Weight: 105k

Height: 185cm

Goals: trying to crack 110k for my 50th bthday in nov

Im trying to bulk up to 110k for my 50th, hitting the gym 5-6 days a week for at least 1.5-2 hrs a day.

Hi,
Name: Brad
Training Experiene: Started in 2004, running a lot, had never really done any lifting or gym work growing up just played sports. Could bearly do 10 push-ups back then. Started lifting 5 years ago, however my cardio (running) makes my gaining fairly hard, but I love it.
Interests: work (yes I enjoy it) rock climbing, guitars.
Current Weight: 85ish
Height: 187cm
Goals: Building endurance, working on max reps @100kg on the big 3.

- Name: Michael
- Training experience (if you have any that is): None! Just starting!
- Any Interests: Tennis and golf

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while and thought I'd finally signed up proper.

Name: Mark
Training Experience: Started regular training about 3 years ago. Currently doing 5/3/1 and enjoying it
Interests: Aside from training - F100s, motorsport. Having built a new shed, keen to get my own home gym setup.
Current Weight: 85
Height: 182cm
Goals: Get stronger and fitter so I can grow old disgracefully