• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Name - Rob
Age - 36
Gender - Male
Location - Central Coast NSW
Training experience - Very Limited
Any Interests - Bodyboarding, cars, family

It would also be a good idea to say why you joined Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding, Because after looking around on the net, found this to be place that has the lot, plenty of advise, hints, and help etc

Do you have any goals in mind? Being over-weight, my first goal, is to shed some weight, then to build muscle.

Are you looking to start training? I have just joined a local gym that has just opened, love the place, and being open 24/7 works in well, being a shift worker.

Are you trying to gain or lose weight? Lose weight first, then to gain muscle.

- Name - Deepak
- Age - 32
- Gender - M
- Location - Sydney
- Training experience - I have been interested in building muscles since my childhood. Did not have much resource to train with in the beginning. Started training with a couple of dumbbells, bars and few weights and a home made wooden bench when I was 20. Fast forward to age 30, bought a pair of dumbbells and a home gym. Sold the gym after a bit of use. Bought a bench package with weights. Trained for a year or so and sold it. Bought a multi station home gym, weights and few bars, trained for a year and sold it a few days ago.

Now I have a bodyworx bench which I bought a few days ago. I also bought a pair of dumbbells and 50kg weight set from gymdirect with a 10% discount, thanks to ausbb. Now I am thinking of buying the MMPR power rack from gymdirect as it seems to the best budget rack around. All my weights and bars are standard. So, I am thinking of adding more standard weights and a 7 feet bar to my collection.

Hi!

- Name - Nate
- Age - 22
- Gender - M
- Location - Brisbane
- Training experience - Intermediate. I've been lifting for about 5 years but only taking it seriously for about the last 12 months. Working on improving my squat, deadlift and bench at the moment. I've been training in commercial gyms like fitness first but now I want to train in a real gym where you don't have to wait for a squat rack because someone is doing curls in it.

Goals - Improve those 3 lifts. Add 10kg lean mass (will take time I know). Get body fat down to 6-8% (Currently about 12%).

Looking forward to getting to know people on the forum!

Hi all,

- Name - John
- Age - 28
- Gender - M
- Location - Sydney
- Training experience - Beginner, had been training on and off the past few years, but its time to get serious about results
Goals - Get fit, increase strength and do it properly/safely.

The new guy ;)

Hey everyone, I'm Joel - 23/Male/Sydney. I used to work out a lot and be pretty fit when I was about 15. Let myself go and my weight fluctuate after that until the start of this year when I went to buy cloths and everything I wanted didn't fit!

A friend of mine was on Jenny Craig at the time so I read over all his books and stuff and basically emulated their diet. Dropped about 8-9kgs since then and have been doing AST's Max-OT program for the last 6 weeks. Also taking Vital Strength Tribulus Terrestris and using their Total Protein Plus along with Swisse Multis and Fish Oil. Seen some nice changes happening recently and all seems to be working well :).

As far as interests go I've been playing drums on off for about 5 years, I love psychology, I work in sales and plan to study Business Sales and Marketing in the future.

I'm Joining this forum just to learn as much as I can. Self improvement has big part of my life for the last few years and community forums are a great way to connect with like minded people.

My goal is to reach 8-10% Bodyfat (12.5% atm), clear 6pack abs and lean ripped semi triangular body. Then figure out how to keep it that way with a minimal effort lol.

I look forward to chatting on the forums. Thanks for reading.

-Joely

Hi everyone, a little about me:
- Training experience: Just finished a course of P90X, so experience is pretty limited to that
- Goals: Build on the progress I've made by learning more about body building

Cheers!

Hello All

Name: John

Nickname: Johnny

Sex Male

Favourite gym Quote: Don't leave me in the dark here brother

Favourite thing to say to a Steroid user: Gee your looking great. Have you lost weight.

Training History: Started training in 2001 weighing in at about 68kg and benching around 50lbs squatting about the same. Spent 3 years training as prescribed by the trainers in the local gym(Bloody joke in hindsight) until I was given a 4 day split routine from MBS, Well everything from that point on has changed. Within months my body shape started to change and everything was going up. 8 years on from that point weighing in at 90kgs Squatting 160kg dead lifting 200kg bench(my weakest) 100kg preaching 60kg and weighted dips 55kg.
Body fat at about 10% sometimes up to 14% depending on social calendar.
Luckily haven't had any major injuries (never in the gym) only a tear in the hamstring while runnning on the beach at Hilaries in WA. Cost me 4 months of training and 2 years of mojo as I realised I wasn't Wolverine.
Currently training a six split week working one body part to exhaustion once per week and lots of walking.

Supplements: Gold whey, CoQ10, Fish Oil.
Did spend a time as the supplement junky but good food good rest and good training and I'm stronger than I ever was taking any of that stuff even though rattling around the Gym was self amusing at times And I did meet a lot of people because they made me very chatty. (Especially when I mixed my fat burners and pre workout together)
It's all a learning curve a have no and I no regrets, My amusement these days is having fellow gymarians over and eyeing off my collection of unused pre and post workout products which are no longer available.

Have contemplated competing in body building but as i have found in my cutting phases I become abit of an arse and no the best person to be around.
Apparently not everything is about me.

Why I registered on this site: Looking at opening a training studio more toward the cross fit, functional training and sculpture.
So expect some questions about this little project in the near future.

New member from uk.

Hi guys, I've recently arrived from uk and looking for a good gym around Fremantle area and a supplement shop near by? Any info would be great guys.

suppose i should fill this thing out.. will see how i go for time day-to-day as to starting a training log

age - 31
location - perth
height - 5' 9"

training history - bought a bench press in my early 20s.. moved out of home shortly after so it didn't end up getting much use.. got a commercial gym membership, did the standard machine routine gig for 12 months until cancelled it.. fast forward 1 marriage, 2 kids and 15kgs heavier (75kgs total) i decide to look into eating and generally living better.. changed up diet and lost 8kg (2 belt buckle spaces) which i managed to hold steady until 2.5 months ago.. wasn't really doing much exercise other than the odd run and some simple stuff with dumbless (nth carolina medicine ball routine).. became aware that i was "skinny fat" and started a basic 5x5 routine..

now - after 10 weeks of doing 5x5 and eating MOAR, am back up to 75kg but still same belt size (just, lol).. SQ - 75kg (progressing starting to get hard), BP - 55kg (progressing well), DL - 100kg (now getting difficult)

its been eye opening and very positive

new guy - BigPoppaPump

Name: Kyle

Height: 6'4 194cm

Weight: 118kg

Sex Male

Occupation: IT Systems Expert (seating at an office all day) :mad:

Favourite gym Quote: Winners find a way, losers make excuses

Training History: Been off and on weight training since high school (10 yrs). Just purchased my first property with a big shed which i'm currently turning it into a gym :) I've got Package 1 from gymdirect arriving any time now

Luckily haven't had any major injuries consistening i've played aussie rules footy for 10 years.

Currently researching the best way to increase my strength and size.I've been reading alot of strength & conditioning articles for NFL and Rugby players.

Aim for the next three months, is to lose weight (110kg)and gain strength.
Supplements: None at the moment

Diet: Eat clean and smaller food protions!

New Member TDS

Hello everyone,

Im 32 and have been training for roughly 10 years on and of. Have competed 3 times in the INBA and ANB federations. Last comp was this year in June, ANB Asia Pacific Titles on the Gold Coast. Didn't place but dialed in my best conditioning to date so was happy.

Future goals are to have a goof of season and put on size mainly on my quads and hams then look at an end of 2013 ANB or INBA comp.

Please feel free to contact me regarding any diet questions.

Train, eat, sleep, repeat!

Dan.

Welcome to ausbb Dan! Look forward to you sharing all of your knowledge! Thank god you're here :p

Well done also on your fantastic achievements to date!