• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Herniated Disc

Although hard to prove, I'd say more often than not, lower back related injuries are a product of misuse over many years, more often than not, an exercise like crunches, squatting...the list is endless, if performed incorrectly or too zealously will be in fact Be something like "the straw that breaks the camels back."

Whatever the case, "exercise" and the exercises I have revealed should be, must be viewed as a means of preventing the said injury or at least protecting from said injury.

The squat, done correctly is an unbelievably good exercise, done poorly, disastrous.

There are in fact many other exercises that can produce good results safely.

Although hard to prove, I'd say more often than not, lower back related injuries are a product of misuse over many years, more often than not, an exercise like crunches, squatting...the list is endless, if performed incorrectly or too zealously will be in fact Be something like "the straw that breaks the camels back."

Whatever the case, "exercise" and the exercises I have revealed should be, must be viewed as a means of preventing the said injury or at least protecting from said injury.

The squat, done correctly is an unbelievably good exercise, done poorly, disastrous.

There are in fact many other exercises that can produce good results safely.

It actually has been proven. The Doc I was talking about above has done tests with spines, from dead pigs I think, were the spines are repeatedly flexed under very little force. This accumulates little microtrauma and after many thousands of flexes eventually the disk gives way.

So what happens is under repeated crunches, poor squatting or even just poor posture, damage accumulates over a long period of time. Then one day your back just gives way and it could be from just picking something up from the ground.

While I agree some physios and osteos are useless. You can't really bag them and then claim Chiros, which are the biggest joke of the lot, are any better.

I can because the fact remains that when I couldn't get any help from anyone else, a Chiro fixed my neck. Your opinion may be that they are a joke, but that is only your opinion. I steered very clear of them for a long time because I was concerned about the "witch doctor" type attitude towards them but when I couldn't put up with it anymore I caved in and went to one because I'd tried everything else. Lo and behold, cured after two sessions (and he said I'd need around 6) and there hasn't been a single recurrence in over 5 years.

I suppose it all boils down to what works for one person may not work for another, and like in any profession some practioners leave a lot to be desired and others are fantastic, regardless of the field.

I'll leave it at that before we completely ruin the thread.

Janda situps are a good way to strengthen your core without fucking up your back