• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Herbs That Help!

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
Thought we could start a reference guide for people looking for a palce to start regarding natural supps...

Ill start

Stinging Nettle Root Extract

Nettle inhibits the binding of Testosterone to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), resulting in lower levels of “bound” Testosterone and higher levels of “free” Testosterone (this effect occurs as a result of Nettle binding to SHBG in place of Testosterone). Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) production increases in tanderm with the Aging Process - SHBG binds to Testosterone, inhibiting Testosterone's normal biological functions, resulting in the reduced Sexual Desire associated with the Male Menopause: Testosterone binds more strongly to SHBG with the progression of the Aging Process. Assists with Enlarged Prostrate and helps to prevent Prostrate Cancer and is an effective treatment for existing Prostrate Cancer. Useful for Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Also known as: Stinging Nettle

Part Used

Leaf
Root
Seeds

Health Benefits:

Immune System

Nettle leaf (400 - 800 mg every four hours) alleviates Allergies:

- Nettle leaf helps to reverse itching eyes, itching ears and itching throat in Allergy sufferers.

Nettle (tea) may alleviate some types of Cancer (according to folklore):

- Nettle (root) helps to prevent Prostate Cancer and is an effective treatment for existing Prostate Cancer:
Nettle inhibits the transformation of the benign Cells involved in Enlarged Prostate to the malignant Cells involved in Prostate Cancer.
Nettle inhibits the binding of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) to Prostate cells.

Nettle stimulates the activity of T-Lymphocytes.
The Urtica dioica Agglutinin (a Lectin) content of Nettle inhibits some types of Viruses including:

- Cytomegalovirus
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (which is the cause of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS))
- Influenza Virus Type A
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus

Musculoskeletal System

Nettle (leaf) is useful for the treatment of Osteoarthritis (it reduces levels of Interleukin 1 and Tumor Necrosis Factor, which are strongly implicated in the development and progression of Osteoarthritis when produced in excess).
Nettle (leaf) is useful for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis (it reduces levels of Interleukin 1 and Tumor Necrosis Factor, which are strongly implicated in the development and progression of Rheumatoid Arthritis when produced in excess).

Respiratory System

Nettle (leaf) may alleviate Asthma (according to folklore).
Nettle (400 - 800 mg of Nettle leaf every four hours or 2 - 4 ml of Nettle leaf tincture three times per day) alleviates Hay Fever.
Nettle (400 - 800 mg of Nettle leaf every four hours) alleviates (allergic) Rhinitis (i.e. Rhinitis caused by Hay Fever).
Nettle (400 - 800 mg of Nettle leaf every four hours) alleviates Sinusitis.

Sexual System

Nettle (root) is an effective adjunct to Saw Palmetto for the treatment of Enlarged Prostate:
- In one human study, a daily dosage of 240 mg of Nettle root combined with 320 mg of Saw Palmetto (for 12 weeks) caused a 26% increase in maximum urinary flow, a 29% increase in mean urinary flow, a 45% reduction in residual urine, a 50% reduction in Nocturia, a 62% reduction in Dysuria and a 53% decrease in post-void dribbling in Enlarged Prostate patients.

- Nettle inhibits the Aromatase and 5-Alpha Reductase enzymes that have been implicated in the development of Enlarged Prostate.
- Nettle inhibits the transformation of the benign Cells involved in Enlarged Prostate to the malignant Cells involved in Prostate Cancer. - Nettle inhibits the binding of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) to Prostate cells (thereby preventing DHT from stimulating the proliferation of Prostate cells that leads to Enlarged Prostate).
- The Urtica dioica Agglutinin content of Nettle inhibits the ability of Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) to bind to its Receptors in the Prostate and to subsequently stimulate the growth of Prostate tissue (a key underlying factor in the progression of Enlarged Prostate).

- A constituent of Nettle ((10-E, 12-Z)-9-hydroxy-10, 12-octadecadienic acid) inhibits the Aromatase Enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of Testosterone to Estradiol (a key underlying factor in the progression of Enlarged Prostate).

Nettle improves Lactation.

Nettle Enhances the Function of these Substances

Hormones

Nettle inhibits the binding of Testosterone to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), resulting in lower levels of "bound" Testosterone and higher levels of "free" Testosterone (this effect occurs as a result of Nettle binding to SHBG in place of Testosterone).
Nettle Inhibits these Potentially Toxic Substances

Enzymes

Nettle inhibits the activity of 5-Alpha Reductase.
Nettle inhibits the activity of Aromatase.

Growth Factors

The Urtica dioica Agglutinin content of Nettle inhibits the ability of Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) to bind to its Receptors in the Prostate and to subsequently stimulate the growth of Prostate tissue (a key underlying factor in the progression of Enlarged Prostate).

Hormones

Nettle inhibits the binding of Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) to Prostate cells.

Immune System Chemicals

Nettle (leaf) inhibits the production of Interleukin 1 (Interleukin 1 beta) by inhibiting Nuclear Factor-Kappa B, the transcriptional factor that generates Interleukin 1 beta).
Nettle (leaf) reduces elevated Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) levels by inhibiting Nuclear Factor-Kappa B, the transcriptional factor that generates Tumor Necrosis Factor..

Proteins

Nettle (leaf) inhibits Nuclear Factor-Kappa B (NF-Kappa B).
Nettle inhibits the binding of Testosterone to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), resulting in lower levels of "bound" Testosterone and higher levels of "free" Testosterone (this occurs from the (-)-3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran component of Nettle binding to SHBG in place of Testosterone).

Not a herb but interesting non the less...

GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid)

Gaba is the most abundant inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. It helps induce relaxation and sleep, in addition to its relaxation effects, Gaba stimulates the anterior pituitary, leading to higher levels of growth hormone.
Increased levels of growth hormone can have positive effects on anti aging, on lowering body fat levels and increasing lean muscle levels.
GABA deficiency

GABA deficiency signs/symptoms:

• Feel stressed/pressured/overwhelmed
  • Sweaty, clammy hands
  • Butterflies in stomach
  • Lump in throat
  • Have trouble relaxing/loosening up
  • Low stress tolerance
  • Body tends to be tense/stiff/uptight
  • Trembling/twitching/shaking
  • Anxious/nervous/jumpy/‘on edge’
  • Feel panicky/panic attacks
  • Heart palpitations or fast resting heart rate (over 85)
  • Sleep problems or chronic pain
  • Use alcohol/food/cigarettes to relax
  • Valium/xanax/avitan/GABA reduce above symptoms
  • Family history of anxiety or panic attacks
GABA is our relaxing (anti-anxiety) neurotransmitter which is raised by valium. GABA levels may be low due to a combination of genetic and acquired reasons. GABA can be raised effectively using either nutrient based therapies or medications. GABA is synthesized from the amino acid glutamine.
Factors which reduce GABA levels:

• Glutamaine (precursor) deficiency
  • B1, B6, zinc, manganese & iron deficiency
  • Chronic stress
  • Chronic pain
  • Inadequate sleep
  • Progesterone deficiency
  • Mercury and lead exposure
  • Alcohol withdrawal
  • Caffeine excess
  • Excessive electromagnetic radiation
  • Excessive loud noise exposure

My stinging nettle should arrive today. I'm only 22 but I'm hoping it gives some sort of benifit. Always willing to try something once.
Posted via Mobile Device

great info noobs. But one more thing i'd like to know is how much Nettle Root per day will be an effective dose to maximize free test.

Sounds good to me but herbalism is not my studying forte(yet) its just something i look up as a personal interest... More reading on my behalf with go into this subject as it is close to home. Ill post up some good things and things to avoid soon..

Sea minerals and grape fruit seed extract are wonderfun things, albeit taste discusting, but work wonders with the body.

What's your plan of action with your testosterone fight back noobs?
Posted via Mobile Device

TRT, I have started testo gel and arimidex (anti aramatase ) ...

Natural elements can help the body to a certian degree especially one that has been not so well looked after. However there are only so many things you can do when you have a conditio nor disorder that is in your dna (meaning your body doesnt know how to build xyz correctly to do xyz function. That is when we have to step in with the addition of pharmacuticals.

I have tried the natural approach and they do do some good i have the blood tests to prove it but they are sitll far from what i should be as a 23 yr old male.

Saying that the natural approach always goes hand in hand with pharmacuticals. They complement each other.