• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help

R

Rnc

Hi all.

My wife had a brain tumor removed 4 years ago followed by chemo & radiation. Now, the radiation caused severe swelling in the brain causing partial paralysis down the left side. This swelling has been controlled for the past 4 years by high daily dose of Dexamethsone. The side effect of this steroid is the wasting of muscle particularly the long muscles in the leg and arm. We are finally weaning off the dex and I wish to help her walk again even if it is with the aid of a walker but to do this we need to rebuild her muscles. Could any help me out with exercises, diet & nutrition to help me get her back on her feet. P.s. She is 62.

Thanks

Seriously doubt anyone here is qualified to advise you, excet [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; ofcourse.

Seek profesional help imo

Sorry to hear about your wife's situation. Hope the rest of the recovery is going well.

Seriously see a professional about this. We are a bunch of guys who like lifting but no one can give you the proper advise here.

well you don't need a professional for this really
62 year old female with severe muscle wasting, first step is getting out the house and walking, down the shops etc. Can she climb stairs? This is a good next step. Basically just eat a high protein natural diet, it's not complicated. Lots of lean meats and potatoes. Sugars will just get her fat, not really the best move but if the weight gain is hard then ice cream is always good if she is like every other white middle class female I know

Gradually progress to more difficult exercise. Swimming would be good, very low impact but if there is arthritis this could present a problem unless you can find a warm pool. Hope the recovery isn't drawn out too long

well you don't need a professional for this really
62 year old female with severe muscle wasting, first step is getting out the house and walking, down the shops etc. Can she climb stairs? This is a good next step. Basically just eat a high protein natural diet, it's not complicated. Lots of lean meats and potatoes. Sugars will just get her fat, not really the best move but if the weight gain is hard then ice cream is always good if she is like every other white middle class female I know

Gradually progress to more difficult exercise. Swimming would be good, very low impact but if there is arthritis this could present a problem unless you can find a warm pool. Hope the recovery isn't drawn out too long

Fucking hilarious. Oni doesn't fail to deliver. Seriously shut the fuck up Oni.

Just from an outsiders point of
View, but really how many people on this forum have you
Really pissed off Oni? Its got me fucked, every thread theres a bloke havin a dig at you lol