• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with my achilles heel (damned diet!)

brettswhey

Hi lads/ladettes.

Im about to get stuck into rippetoes starting strength. Goals are modest mass with solid frame.

I have prepared a diet - this is what I did last time. Bear in mind the heavy use of the whey is because its much cheaper than meat per g protein.

dietchart.gif

Any advice? Suggestions? I have alot of trouble keeping my carbs down.

Cheers.

How much do you weigh? Maybe overkill on the protein. Is there any reason that you are trying to keep carbs down to 274g?

I know people are going to say there aren't any studies to back it up but that much protein powder can't be as good for you as whole food.

If money is tight, buy mince in bulk from the butcher and tinned tuna from Coles.

Cut protein a bit, up carbs a bit. Try not to get all your protein from whey, try chicken or steak or tuna. Still have whey, but not as much.

How much do you weigh? Maybe overkill on the protein. Is there any reason that you are trying to keep carbs down to 274g?
Hi mate, sorry should have been in my original post. I weigh just under 100kg. I read somewhere a good target is about 1.5g protein per pound bodyweight. And your calories should be about 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats. I juggled a bit to try and make it fit but still having trouble. How much protein would you recommend?

Also I'm going to drop the milk from the two day shakes. Will keep it at breakky and dinner but too much milk doesnt agree with me.

LMD1234- I will throw some tuna in there as its cheaper than chicken or steak. How much carbs vs. protien should I be aiming for?

Any further suggestions? Keep 'em coming!

Hi mate, sorry should have been in my original post. I weigh just under 100kg. I read somewhere a good target is about 1.5g protein per pound bodyweight. And your calories should be about 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats. I juggled a bit to try and make it fit but still having trouble. How much protein would you recommend?

Also I'm going to drop the milk from the two day shakes. Will keep it at breakky and dinner but too much milk doesnt agree with me.

LMD1234- I will throw some tuna in there as its cheaper than chicken or steak. How much carbs vs. protien should I be aiming for?

Any further suggestions? Keep 'em coming!

Fair enough, are you looking to gain weight at the moment? I still think 1.5g/pound of protein will be excessive for you. Too much won't really have any negative effects on you, but you're having trouble getting all that protein in as it is.

So I would drop your protein to 250g, and fill up the lost calories with more carbs. Potatoes, rice, fruit, oats, milk, whatever. That way you can get rid of some of your protein shakes.

Good luck.

Perhaps you're right. You can after all only use so much protien at one time. Ive posted a new chart below. The only thing it does't show is Ive dropped the whey shake from the 2pm meal. This is a pre workout meal but. Training usually happens about 3-4pm.

Have added one tuna meal and a few other bits. Will be starting full eats on tuesday after my first training session on monday night.

dietchart2.gif

Any further suggestions? Cheers for the help so far.