• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with full body workout routine.

GetFit

im in the process of getting a home gym up and running nothing special just the basics really and looking for some help to setup a workout routine for myself with the equipment i have at home.

ive got a bench press, dumbells, chinup/pullup/dip station very similar to this http://i.imgur.com/yyCzdMz.jpg

im thinking of doing a 3x a week full body workout routine based around the above equipment and some body weight exercises like situps, crunchies, pushups and some jogging etc..

my goals are to gain strength and lose some weight i want to be sure im hitting all the major muscle groups and getting a good workout each session

i should probably note im a beginner if its not already obvious and any advice would be appreciated thanks.

yeah got a barbell also it comes with the bench press :p thanks for the link ill check it out

just had a look at the program and i got a couple questions

first is it enough i mean there is only 5-6 exercises per session is that enough to gain the most out of a workout session?

and secondly how long should i stick to that routine before moving on to something else?

Last edited:
lets try stay on topic here thanks i am actually looking for some informative answers and some help setting up a workout routine.

so far ive had one helpful answer and also "squats" which if you read the workout that i was linked to you would see squats are already in it.

so if you can help me out and answer my questions please do but if not find another thread to troll thanks.

Workout A
Squats
Bench Press
Dips

Workout B
Deadlift
Pullups
Curls

3 times per week, alternate A one workout, B the next, then back to A...etc etc

Workout A
Squats
Bench Press
Dips

Workout B
Deadlift
Pullups
Curls

3 times per week, alternate A one workout, B the next, then back to A...etc etc

That's nice DKD.

My variation to that would be;

Workout A
Press
Squat
SLDL
Dips
Row

Workout B
Squat
Pull-ups
Bench Press
Curls
Farmer's

yeah just noticed mine wasn't full-body 3 x per week

if u want a bare-ass minimum full body workout, you wouldn't be doing too bad with just deadlift, dips and pullups....would hit most muscle groups with just those.

yeah just noticed mine wasn't full-body 3 x per week

if u want a bare-ass minimum full body workout, you wouldn't be doing too bad with just deadlift, dips and pullups....would hit most muscle groups with just those.

Most def.

thanks guys ill read up on this stuff tonight when i get back from night out going to play some pool, cheers

Save money on going out playing pool and get yourself a power cage for home.
then you can do everything you need at home.

If you can't do squats because you have to powerclean the weight to your shoulders, you are going to get no-where.

You're trying to improve your strength/physique but don't have what you need.

It's like running a car down the 1/4 and getting 14 seconds... then to improve you fold the side mirrors in on the next run.
gonna do fark all.
What that car needs is more power
What you need is squats