• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with diet

bennyboi

Hi there! New to the site, looking for a lil help.

Im 23, 182cm and weighing in at 83kg. Currently my body fat percentage is 19%. Im doing a full body weights workout broken up over 4-5 days a week. Im running 5km a day for 4-5 days a week. I find it easy putting on muscle however im struggling to get my body fat percentage down. Id like to sit at 10% n willing to work for it. My diet is whats letting me down. Ive done the research and have estimated my total daily energy expenditure to be around 2700 calories ( other then my training im fairly innactive). I understand i should reduce that by 500 calories to get the fat burning. I guess ive just got a few questions.

1. Does my estimated TDEE calories sound about right?
2.What should i eat, can anyway give me a diet example (im not too good at working out the calories in a meal)
3. Will dropping the 500 calories affect my muscle gains?

note: currently im not gaining fat either. It may fluctuate slightly but always ends up around the same percentage although i have been gaining weight (slowly)

thanks in advance

If you are doing full body workouts then 5 days per week is not recommended. You need recovery time. 3 times per week would be better for recovery.

Looking at shredding? I definitely recommend both cutting down on carbs, and looking at ways to increase your metabolism. Stick to the meats, fish etc. without the pasta, rice, noodles etc. To increase metabolism, have a big nutritional breakfast daily (I have two eggs on wholemeal, yoghurt with muesli, protein shake), have constant meals throughout the day (small ones) and drink plenty of water! Switch your coffee with green tea too.