• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

help with diet please

sssboi

Hey guys

You've helped me with getting a good routine going, now if you can help me formulate a good diet plan I'd appreciate it a lot.

atm I weigh 57kgs and I don't have a specific weight to aim for, but just to pack on a couple of kilos of muscle and acquire an aesthetic physique.

I'd like some info on how often to eat, how much and what to eat. Right now my diet is:

Breakfast: a cereal mixed with oats and fibre with soy milk
Mid morning: Qtr roast chicken and veges
Workout
Post workout: 1 protein shake, about 50grams of protein
Late lunch: Rice, chicken and a vegetable
Late dinner: Roast chicken, Pork or Steak with veges
Before bed: another protein shake

Hey guys

You've helped me with getting a good routine going, now if you can help me formulate a good diet plan I'd appreciate it a lot.

atm I weigh 57kgs and I don't have a specific weight to aim for, but just to pack on a couple of kilos of muscle and acquire an aesthetic physique.

I'd like some info on how often to eat, how much and what to eat. Right now my diet is:

Breakfast: a cereal mixed with oats and fibre with soy milk
Mid morning: Qtr roast chicken and veges
Workout
Post workout: 1 protein shake, about 50grams of protein
Late lunch: Rice, chicken and a vegetable
Late dinner: Roast chicken, Pork or Steak with veges
Before bed: another protein shake

Do you train in the morning or evening? If in the evening then you would need to add carbs to your last two meals above. Furthermore, if your metabolism is fast enough that you should want to add some extra weight, then again, it would not hurt to add some carbs to the last two meals you've listed above.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Usually train some time between 1pm and 4pm it varies with uni cause I have some days off. Actually I've just started again for the semester so I'm trying to fit it all in along with work.

Would you recommend me changing to a massgainer or stick with the protein?
It's not so much about what I would suggest or not, but rather it's about:

1. How do you feel with what you're currently doing?
2. Is it working for you, i.e., are the kilos piling on you or not?
3. If not, then perhaps adding some more fats (as Adrian/Shrek) has suggested to increase the total calorie count and
4. As I've suggested, and that is to increase the carbs by adding some to your last two meals.

Fadi.