• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with bulking diet please!

razor_115

Hi,

I'm 29yrs old 5'10 and weigh 70kgs. My goal is to undertake a bulking diet of 3500 calories while eating as clean as possible. My diet plan below only equates to 2963 calories. Could you please give me your thoughts on where i can bump up my calories?? I also beleive my breakdowns of carbs/protein/fats is out. Using a breakdown of 50/30/20 I determined I require 1481 calories from carbs, 888 calories from protein and 592 from fat. My plan currently has carbs at 1172 which is close to 200 under and protein at 1224 which is close to 300 over.

My diet is as follows

Breakfast: oats, bananna, 3x eggs and skim milk
533cal 61carb, 33p, 18fat

Snack: Protein shake with skim milk
225cal 19carb, 33pro, 2fat

Lunch: chicken breast, sweet potato, brown rice, veggies
639cal 86carb, 48pro, 13fat

Snack: tuna, whole grain pasta
505cal 38carb, 83 pro, 2fat

Post workout: Protein shake with skim milk
225cal 19carb, 33pro, 2fat

Tea: steak, green veggies
362cal 25carb, 28pro, 16fat

Before bed: slow release protein shake
128cal 5carb, 21pro, 1.5fat

Could I please get feedback on where I can fix this diet up. I'm new to this and any help would be much appreciated

Depending on your activity level I'd assume 3000 cals should be enough to bulk at your weight. Try it for a few weeks and if u don't gain add some milk and some PB sammiches should do the trick

Go into the nutrition section and read maxbrenners threads, also try Lyle McDonald and Alan Aragon for more in depth articles. Also go to emma-leigh.com and read her basic page for a really good intro to nutrition.