• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

help on my diet plan, thanks

Q

QLD_tilling

hey all, i just signed up to this site, done abit of research, looks great!! i thought id post a topic of what i eat, what weights i do etc. just wanna get some type of indication if im on the right track!.... im 23, 6foot1 and weigh at 85kg (with a little beer gut) lol.

i dont really wanna go ALL OUT with foods,weights etc but dont want to be lazy, anyway this is wat i do,

(in my morning tea and lunch, sometimes i have ham and salad sandwiches, if this is the case i have a boiled egg at morning tea and 1 at lunch)
my eating plan is usually

morn-nutragrain

morning tea- egg lettuce sandwich, watermellon, SMALL packet of chips,95g of tuna

lunch- egg, lettuce sandiwch, bannana, small packet of chips, 100g chicken

dinner- veggies, pottato and either chicken or meat

i work out 3 days a week, these are my work outs, i have a protein shake 30mins before and 30 mins after workout.

mon
flat bench 6x3
incline bench 6x3
flys 6x3
machine pull downs 6x3

wed
shoulder press 6x3
pull ups6x3
shoulder curls 6x3
squates 6x3

thurs
machine pull down front6x3
machine pull down back 6x3
arm curls 6x3
hammer curls 6x3

sometimes i usually do 1 more rep, i always push my self till i carnt do anymore.

im not sure if im posting this in the right section but would like any help on anything im doin right or wrong, more protein shakes?? more food? any info would be mostly appreciated

my protein shake is BSC hydroxy burn pro, lean and ripped forumula

thanks!!!

Welcome aboard mate, whats your name?

If you have read the site for a day or so you would of noticed that doing full body compound routines 3 times a week for beginners gets mentioned a lot. Whats your thoughts on this?

It keeps getting mentioned but not many seem to be taking that info on board

I would recommend adding an afternoon snack such as another tin of tuna, and some cottage cheese as a night time snack before bed.

hey eaglebay,

yea as im still new into all of this im still doing alot of research!. im fine with doing 3 times a week, exactly wat you said i was told to have a tin of tuna as a afternoon snack. but there is only so much tuna i can eat in a day lol. dont exactly LOVE the stuff!!!... would you suggest maybe protein shakes on the days i dont work out? or are they strictly before and after each workout?

thanks, Adam

I'd cut the packets of chips unless its one of those super healthy type brands.

Hey mate, welcome aboard.

Where abouts in QLD are you from?

Workout:
I would give this a read and pinch a workout from one of these guys:
http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9660-beginners-look-here.html

There's some good stuff in there, definitely worth taking 5 min to read them.

Diet:
I know you said you don't want to go all out with it, but I'd suggest having a look at one of the 'all out' diets just to get a feel for things.
Will make it easier to grasp how much food you should or shouldn't be eating.

There are a bunch of premade diets on here for different calorie intakes. 2200, 2600 or 2800, 3200 and 4000 I think.
Once you know much much you should be eating you can check out a premade one to get a feel for what an all out version is, then you can modify it to suit you better.

There's a few formulas around you can use to figure out how much you should be eating if you feel like doing some poking around.
There's some here:
http://ausbb.com/general-topic/9591-fitness-calculators.html

But if you can't be bothered and want the easiest ball park formula I've seen...

To lose fat: 12-13 cal / lb of bodyweight.
To maintain: 15-16 cal / lb of bodyweight.
To gain: 18-20 cal / lb of bodyweight.

Oh, I hear that hydroxy products are a bit of a sham. I'd just stick with something simple.
Check this out for ideas if you haven't seen it yet:
http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/8886-recommend-protein-powder-please.html

Anyway, hope some of that is useful. I don't like to reinvent the wheel, so if someone has done the hardwork already, no point doing it again :)

thanks for all the info guys, after hte cricket finnishes il come back and read everything you guys have pointed out!

Looks decent, I'd say cut out the chips, make the servings of meat, chicken and tuna bigger and add another meal in somewhere that contains protein.