• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

help me:choose a Commercial power rack!

I own both in my powerlifting gym.

Everybody uses the MM cage.
It has better J hooks, the force ones are way deeper.
It has rubber feet so it doesnt slide when racking the bar, the force doesn't, and mine rocks. That could be due to poor setting up though.

From a buyers point of view, the MMCPR is more compact and prettier lol.
Also you get 10% off it for being a ausbb member.

What more can you want :p

Do you have the old model of the Force or the new one? Revised items are the J Hooks and additional dip bars...

Force vs MM

I am not sure which model of the force Scott has - however you can see it in the background in the ptc youtube videos. Do you know if this is the latest version of the force?

Muscle Motion vs Force

Hi all,

I think it is worth declaring PTC's affiliation with GymDirect, which stocks and supplies Muscle Motion equipment. Gymdirect does not stock/supply Force USA products.

This does not invalidate the opinions of PTC members (thanks for your feedback!!) but if there is possibility of bias in your opinion because of that affiliation, it's best for this forum if it is declared (so that members can take that fact into account as they see fit).

Cheers

This is true, gymdirect does support me. You can see that in any of our videos, it's no secret.

The fact is, I buy most of my equipment from GymDirect because the quality and price are both outstanding.
Also, gym direct looks after ALL ausbb members, not just Ptc.

Anybody from Brisbane is free to come and check out adrains products anytime at Ptc and make your own decision :).

we have guys at ptc Sydney racking 300 kg against the gym direct rack and it hardly moves.. its built solid..

I wouldn't endorse a product unless I've tried seen it first hand

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hi,

I am facing the same dilemma - force commercial vs muscle motion commercial. There is no difference in the price I am being offered so it comes down to features and quality.

Force wins on the features - dip and band pegs come standard, the force has closer hole spacing than the muscle motion. I have also read a criticism of the muscle motion in that the j-hooks are a bit too deep.

Build quality - ??

I have read that the force uses 2mm steel versus 3mm in the muscle motion (the sales staff I spoke to actually said the Force was thicker) - I can't find published specs for the force to establish who is right, however when comparing dimensions to weight the claim that the MM is uses thicker steel seems right.

Force
Height: 230cm
Width: 168cm (to outside of weight poles)
Depth: 193cm
Weight: 220kg

Muscle Motion
Height: 220cm
Width: 167cm (to outside of weight poles)
Depth: 161cm
Weight: 200kg

Despite the thickness of the steel the Force is a bigger cage and weighs more - provided you have the space this is in the Force's favour. It was however claimed in this thread that the force had moved under a dropped weight (later retracted), while owners of the Muscle Motion claimed it is rock solid and would not move in those circumstances.

Final point - the Force has a lifetime warranty vs 10 years for the MM. However it is hard to make a claim from under 500kg of collapsed cage and weight.

So, in my opinion the Force wins on paper - annecdotally however the muscle motion has more supporters in this forum. Is there someone familiar with both systems, and most importantly objective, who could weigh in on this topic?

The other thing to take into account is the pegs for bands..
If you are looking at using bands for accomodating resistance (benching squatting, partial deads IMO go the Force as i don't believe that the MM has them..

The other thing to take into account is the pegs for bands..
If you are looking at using bands for accomodating resistance (benching squatting, partial deads IMO go the Force as i don't believe that the MM has them..

You can easily loop bands around the top or bottom of the MM power rack if you want to.

In saying that people got strong well before bands were ever used. Most people never get advanced enough to even worry about them.

Thanks Sticky,

After much deliberation, I am favouring the muscle motion rack. There are a number of plusses to the force (band pegs, closer hole spacing and the dip attachment as standard) however build quality ultimately has tipped it for me - the welds look better and 11 gauge is a winner. I was thinking of upgrading to the adjustable bench but I think I will stick to the commercial flat and pick up an adjustable down the track. Now I just have to measure up for rubber flooring and I am away!

PS You mentioned the discount offerred by Gymdirect - when I went to the checkout it asked for a voucher or code or some such - do I get a code from somewhere on ausbb for this entry or do I speeak with Adrian directly?

You'll love the flat bench, I do.

As for the discount mate, I'm not sure as I ring Adrian directly for my orders and he applies it that way.