• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help losing weight and gaining muscle!

H

Hyrozanu

Hi, my name is nathan and i would like some help getting rid of all this fat and turning it into muscle.
Not MASSIVELY buff like Arnie, just kinda Vin Diesel buff ... If you know what i mean.

Here is my height and weight and stuff like that.

Height: 5'10 and a half and a bit.
Weight (as of last night): 97.5 Kilograms :(
Active level type thing: None at all, but i walk the 900 metres to school every morning and i have some dumbbells collecting dust in a corner of my room.
I'm currently halfway through year ten so I don't really have time to go to the gym or anything like that, even thought i'd like to.
My eating habits could be ALOT better (it mainly consist of chicken, beef, bread, noodles and doritos with salsa.)
I'm just looking for something to do at night time before bed or something, and i don't want to do and drugs or supplements or stuff like that.

I'd put a picture up but i'm embarassed about my fat-ness, so i'd rather not.

Thanks in advance for any answers, and please ... no rapist answers, i hate them a**holes.

Start exercising son!

Take up sport or in the very least ride your dushy after school or walk or something! start squatting!

But seriously, if you clean up your eating, consuming less kilojoules than you need and start exercising you'll be killing the ladies by year 12!

I'll leave the diet advice to someone else because im not exactly a wealth of knowledge there!

Here is the advice I usually offer to complete beginners who are living pretty inactive lives now.

It gets you through about three months of improving your overall strength, fitness and flexibility. After that you can make good use of your own dumbells, barbells, or join a gym. But do that first and then come back to us ;)

Once you've done that general physical preparation, then for strength you need about an hour three times a week, for fitness and flexibility together about the same. Usually closer to 30 minutes, though - depends how you do things. An hour a day, tops, with one day off a week. If you watch any tv or play any computer games or anything like that, then you have that time spare.

If you can get into the habit of regular exercise at 15, and keep at it, you will have a very fit and strong future ahead of you. If you become like Arnold Schwarzenegger in anything less than ten years of very heavy and dedicated training in combination with drugs, you can come back and abuse us. Bodybuilding is a slow process - though beginners, especially young males, can put quite a bit of weight on quickly.

Start exercising son!

Take up sport or in the very least ride your dushy after school or walk or something! start squatting!

But seriously, if you clean up your eating, consuming less kilojoules than you need and start exercising you'll be killing the ladies by year 12!

I'll leave the diet advice to someone else because im not exactly a wealth of knowledge there!

Thanks Bro :D

Here is the advice I usually offer to complete beginners who are living pretty inactive lives now.

It gets you through about three months of improving your overall strength, fitness and flexibility. After that you can make good use of your own dumbells, barbells, or join a gym. But do that first and then come back to us ;)

Once you've done that general physical preparation, then for strength you need about an hour three times a week, for fitness and flexibility together about the same. Usually closer to 30 minutes, though - depends how you do things. An hour a day, tops, with one day off a week. If you watch any tv or play any computer games or anything like that, then you have that time spare.

If you can get into the habit of regular exercise at 15, and keep at it, you will have a very fit and strong future ahead of you. If you become like Arnold Schwarzenegger in anything less than ten years of very heavy and dedicated training in combination with drugs, you can come back and abuse us. Bodybuilding is a slow process - though beginners, especially young males, can put quite a bit of weight on quickly.

I read your other thingo where you tell that jason guy what to do, i think it's really gunna help.
But what about cycling instead of walking, walking takes too long and i thought maybe cycling could be good instead???
Maybe.

Sure.

Walk, jog or cycle. The important thing is to be moving under your own power for 30-60 minutes at least three times a week, pushed to a level where your face is flushed and you're sweating a bit.

It's just that if someone is quite heavy, they should walk rather than run - too much smashing up of joints otherwise. At 97.5kg untrained and 178cm (same height as me, and I'm 78kg), you shouldn't jog. Walk or cycle until you get your muscle up and your fat down.

Sure.

Walk, jog or cycle. The important thing is to be moving under your own power for 30-60 minutes at least three times a week, pushed to a level where your face is flushed and you're sweating a bit.

It's just that if someone is quite heavy, they should walk rather than run - too much smashing up of joints otherwise. At 97.5kg untrained and 178cm (same height as me, and I'm 78kg), you shouldn't jog. Walk or cycle until you get your muscle up and your fat down.

Ok, thanks bro.
And to be honest, i asked about cycling because i can slacken off and not do as much. But that's probably not a good thing, so maybe i will walk.

Basically, consider that each 1 minute or 1km on a cycle is worth 0.5 walking, and 0.25 running.

But at your level the main thing is to start getting you active. At 97.5 unfit kilograms, 30-60 minutes of just about anything a few times a week is going to improve your health and fitness. Just get moving. Don't run yet, instead walk or cycle.

But seriously, take the advice given and start exercising, then you can start a weight program and build those muscles.

Hello Nathan,

Start with 20 burpees a day and add just 1 on to each day. By the time one month is over you'll be doing 50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5oXadjFAlQ.

Take your time and aim to complete the numbers. Your muscles will receive a good workout; your fitness level will improve, and your metabolism will kick into gear in no time.

Best of all, it's an exercise of convenience in addition to all the above mentioned benefits; you won't have to leave your home and you won't need any machine to enable you to do it. The only requirement is some mental discipline, dedication, and determination which can only be supplied by you.

This was just another option for you to choose from Nathan.

All the best.

Fadi.

Kyle Aaron has some great advice.
It is a fantastic read and a great motivator when starting,
I do recommend printing this out and keeping it with you at all times.
even if you have to read over it during lunch at school.
Keep it up mate, and have fun doing it!

Thanks mate, maybe I should write up a pdf of general advice for the totally unfit ;)

I do hope it's useful, and that whether it is or not, you find a good routine and diet that helps you achieve your health and physique goals.