• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help from the experts :)

Monstar

Hey all very new to this so im all :S worried about my intake and the only person i can bounce it off is meso while im endo so we have to eat very very differently.

im 27 years old 183cm tall and 100kg and 20% body fat at last weigh (about a week ago) and i train on average 6 days a week (some weeks 7 days). i have a pretty low impact job so i enjoy the hit from working out

i dont really adjust how i eat during on or off days but i try to throw in my "cheat" meal on a off day

breakfast
protein shake
30g oats with a tiny amount of honey
131 cal

morning tea
2x 58 gram eggs or 95g tin of tuna in spring water
170cal / 79cal

lunch
200g chicken breast or 2x 95g tunas
125g brown rice
a heap of green veges
470cal / 400cal

afternoon tea
shake and tuna
199cal

post workout
shake
120cal

dinner
200g chicken breast or lean red meat
125g brown rice
a HEAP of green veges

before bed
1/2 shake
60 cal

so about 1650cal
fast = 59g
carbs = 115g
protein = 216g

i dont get hungry very much and i take in 5+ litres of water a day
but after looking around i kinda got a feeling like maybe my intake is very very low!

any help would be greatly appreciated

Describing what your training entails will help a lot. The foods you've listed look ok, but the quantities required depend on your training.

Also, please don't train 6-7 days a week.

Hmmm your cal intake is WAY too low for a man of your size who's working out IMO.

Check out the Sticky's at the front of the forum under diet & nutrition from Max Brenner, they may help point you in the right direction?

What are your goals Monstar? Are you trying to lose weight? Bulk up? Build muscle?

What is your training? Weights? Cardio? A combination of the two?

You'll find good advice & input here to assist you on your journey, whatever it may be.

But given it's so late now, the boys & girls will probably post here tomorrow. In the meantime, check out the Beginners programs, the nutritional advice from Max Brenner & Fadi & anything else you think is relevant to your current sutuation at the front of the forum.

But the short answer is, no, you aint eating enough, regardless of what your final goals may be.

We're all on different journey's....& advice will differ. Only you know what you're aiming for.

Be prepared.
Gather knowledge.
Put it into action.

Best of luck to you! :)

Last edited:
5 days a week weight training doing 1 warm up set. 3 sets of 12-14 reps mod weight..unless its triceps where i do 3 sets 6-8 reps max weight..

do cardio 2 of them days for about half a hour and a hour on days i dont do weights

and random circuit abs when i dont feel i worked hard enough :p

5 days a week weight training doing 1 warm up set. 3 sets of 12-14 reps mod weight..unless its triceps where i do 3 sets 6-8 reps max weight..

do cardio 2 of them days for about half a hour and a hour on days i dont do weights

and random circuit abs when i dont feel i worked hard enough :p

Increase your calorie intake by about 50%, have a look at one of the food outlines in the stickied posts in this section.

What are your results so far?
I think you have miscalculated your calories.
Breakfast you have 131 calories, a standard protein shake at 30g is 120cal.

Yeah I think Jet is right, you need to go back and recalc your macros, 1g protein is 4 cals, 1g carbs is 4cals and 1g fat is 9cals.

Also, I think if you struggling to cut weight i would be leaning towards a diet which is lower in carbs, but recalc your macros to give a more accurate indication of your intake, you can use a website like CalorieKing.com.au - Australian Online Diet and weight loss club. Lose weight for good! which is fantastic for this purpose.

Jet im loosing weight too quick and that was ok when i had an embarassing amount of body fat just over 34% but now im under 20% im starting about muscle deterioration... i have been taking a lot of xtend or recoup to fight this off but its not cheap so im better of finding why im shedding to quick..

yeah my breakfast calc was off by 111 cals but not enough to worry about by the sounds of it im still falling about 800- 1000 cals short..

i think my best option is to throw a few bananas through my meals through the day and have the eggs AND tuna in the morning..

Id rather feel sick from over eating then be mad at myself cos my hard work of building muscle is being destroyed

You'll lose LBM if you're cal deficit is too large. Obese people can get away with this better than leaner people so as you lose weight you want to decrease the deficit. Your BMR/TDEE will be dropping as you lose weight also.

I'd up the cals 500 or so.

When you make your changes, just make them slowly, so maybe increase your cals by 300 a day for the fisrt week or two and then increase by another 300 after that to allow your body to adapt to the change, although change will generally take longer than this it will help with you feeling sick from consuming way too many cals than your currently used to