• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help Adjusting Diet

I have a bit of excess skin from when i was pretty overweight. It's at times frustrating, but it reminds of me of who & where i was & how good it is to be 'me' now!

How quickly did you lose weight, PB? It's my understanding the quicker the weight loss the greater the loose skin...

Ummm let's see. I lost about 20kg in almost a year. Being only 162cm tall, being mid to late 80'skg, with very little muscle mass it was a strange transformation.

I dieted down to a confirmed 5% bodyfat level. When i was there, i didn't have the tight six pack abs that normal people have. But that's the price i pay.

Fadi, do you see any problem (effecting weights training) doing those HIIT drills before or after weight sessions. We do similar suicide runs at football training and I always thought about doing more by myself for the edge of fitness on everyone else. I was worried that doing it on my weight training days is going to effect my size/strength goals. Ive heard cardio on weights days is a bad thing but high intensity cardio for short periods of time I wasn't sure.

Gauche, HIIT would be the way to go (as I've outlined for Jim) for no more than 10 minutes. Please have a look at what I wrote for him.

And no, you would not want to do it before weight training but after. You can also do it on your days off weight training, again for strictly 10 minutes. There is a reason why I don't like the "killer" workouts that take your lactic acid build up to great heights; they can actually (wait for it), decrease your fitness/aerobic level. So Lactate threshold workouts are not something that I would go along with. Yes you feel like you're about to die, (thinking that it's all for the best) where in fact it's for the worse.

Hence, I advice a 10 minutes HIIT where you only go all out for about/between 20 to 40%, or 2-3 minutes out of those 10.

So to have an edge on your mates, do it the smart way and that does not necessarily mean the killing yourself with an acid bath way, (been there done that).

Too much lactate tolerance (high acidosis) training can cause aerobic performance to decline; hence I’d like to limit the high intensity bit in HIIT to between 10 to 20 seconds max out efforts. Anaerobic training that only stimulates moderate accumulated lactate levels enhances anaerobic performance and maintains aerobic fitness.

Fadi.

Last edited:
i didn't have the tight six pack abs that normal people have.
I'm working on that last few percent now trying to get rid of it. I was 112kg at peak when I was 16 and I'm 90kg now 22 6ft 1 with I would say good size. Can see my middle to top abs fine but you cant make out definition in the bottom ones. Do I miss double quarter pounders? Hell no!!! How old were you when you lost your weight? I heard that makes a difference too?

Thanks again Fadi for sharing. I went and did it this morning with some sprints. Certainly a good wake up for work!