• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help A Beginner

Shut-up hyjak or I will email Markos and tell him what you had for dinner, pasta and tuna and pepsi max, guess which two he won't like? :p

Walking is a good way to begin your fitness training. When you're looking at a lifetime of fitness, taking an extra month or two to start slow does no harm.

Melinda, yes she never tested positive for drugs but still an Olympic athlete and I will always be skeptical of Olympic athletes being clean esp in track and field.
Me, too. But-

Firstly, there's that old principle of "innocent until proven guilty". I believe in that.

Forgetting that, at what level of competition is there what level of drug use? Obviously it's not going to be that everyone at (say) state level is drug-free, but the instant they join the national team someone jabs a needle in their bum without even asking them first. So there must be varying levels of drug use at different levels of competition. But what level where?

If I posted up national champs, state champs, regional champs, club champs, who could we safely assume is probably drug-free? Do we just rely on Shrek's personal cynicism? I'd rather not.

If you start saying that all champions must be taking drugs, what you're saying is that success in your physical goals can only come with drug use.

I don't believe it's true.

Coming once again to the point:-

Get your heart rate up for more than a moment, and you'll burn fat. Whether it's high or low intensity isn't that big a deal, what matters is that you can do it without injuring yourself, and that you do it regularly and frequently. And if you are untrained, it's better to start slow and build up than to jump right in like a maniac, maybe hurt yourself and be out for months or years.

Michael Johnson never testd posotive for drugs but only a moron would say he never took anything same goes for Hussein Bolt. Simple fact is to compete at an Olympic drugs are a must as is hard training. I don't want to get into a "Who takes drugs" debate but I'll stand by my comments and say the vast majority of Olympic Athletes take performance enhancing drugs.

I used to think like Shrek............until I met my friend Dave 17 years ago.

He is 5'8" Maltese boy, around 90kg. He is the most geneticly gifted athlete?lifter I have met. At 17 he ran the 100 in 10.7 at Olympic park with no training.

He benched 160kg @ 90kg, raw, wont even take Panadol let alone drugs, and he is just a recreational lifter. His legs grow when walks past squat racks, he is under 10% bodyfat with a perfect spread of fat cells equally distributed over his entire body.

He is the only true mesomorph I have ever met.

So, if Dave exists, there must be others like him, that get pulled into programs at a young age and excell.

I would love to believe that the elite are drug free, but like Shrek said, its unlikely.

Hopefully Bolt may just be the one. Maybe he's just a taller Dave lol

Ok then.
Kyles suggestion that Melinda was drug free, her PB for 100m is 11.12
Marion Jones is 10,65 (drug assisted)
Now if we say drugs can improve some ones performance by 10% (that's conservative) and if Taylor took drugs that means she would be able to run around 10 secs flat (or less). I don't think so. This is why I beleive she was drug assisted because her PB is too close to a known drug assisted athlete, not too mention other drug assisted athletes who ran slower than Jones.

I can make the same comparison for Bolt.

Well again, innocent until proven guilty.

I'm sure if Shrek ever posted his stats or pics, we could say either,

(a) "He's not very big, therefore he doesn't know what he's talking about," or
(b) "His stats are similar to X, and X took drugs, therefore Shrek must take drugs, too."

So if you try hard enough you can make anyone look bad. I think it's better to go on what we definitely know, and to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't like to have Shrek on a jury. "Well, he has similar stats to a known killer, so..."

I have judged "natural" bodybuilding comps, competitors that I trained with that openly took steroids, and had lifters compete in powerlifting comps against lifters that openly used.

They never tested positive, do they get the same benefit of the doubt?

Shrek, you forgot to mention Flo Jo.

She never tested positive, but when out of season testing was announced, she retired the same day. Her record is a sham, one that no woman is ever going to approach. They really dont know what to do about it. And she died so young.

I suppose you guys dont know why she grew such long nails either lol

So obvious to anyone that knows about beating drug tests in sport.

Well again, innocent until proven guilty.

I'm sure if Shrek ever posted his stats or pics, we could say either,

(a) "He's not very big, therefore he doesn't know what he's talking about," or
(b) "His stats are similar to X, and X took drugs, therefore Shrek must take drugs, too."

So if you try hard enough you can make anyone look bad. I think it's better to go on what we definitely know, and to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't like to have Shrek on a jury. "Well, he has similar stats to a known killer, so..."
1. I have posted pics on this forum and a couple of other forums. I am not trying to make anyone look bad, I just posted some startling stats that don't auger well for some one who never supposedly was clean.

I have judged "natural" bodybuilding comps, competitors that I trained with that openly took steroids, and had lifters compete in powerlifting comps against lifters that openly used.

They never tested positive, do they get the same benefit of the doubt?

Shrek, you forgot to mention Flo Jo.

She never tested positive, but when out of season testing was announced, she retired the same day. Her record is a sham, one that no woman is ever going to approach. They really dont know what to do about it. And she died so young.

I suppose you guys dont know why she grew such long nails either lol

So obvious to anyone that knows about beating drug tests in sport.
Yes, Flo Jo was an abuser no doubt. Of course they are athletes who know how to beat drug tests that why many (Bolt, Greene, Michael Johnson) spring to mind. There's no way an unassisted athlete could run those times.

We should probably just delete the threadjack posts. Otherwise kurt might come back and then run away and never come back!