• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

HCAM Weekly Gossip

HCAM

Hey Guys,

On the HCAM, reporter (and local competitor) Xavier Wills will be doing a weekly wrap up of all the bodybuilding news for the International Scene as well as the Local Scene, he will be looking at putting up "federation news" every week too which has specific information each week from one of the 4 major federations in Australia - INBA, ANB, IFBB as well as the INBA.

I thought HCAM only concentrated on local BB news.
The original owner (Craig) wanted it that way.

I thought HCAM only concentrated on local BB news.
The original owner (Craig) wanted it that way.

Correct, Shrek. Originally, it was only to be centered around what was happening in bodybuilding in Australia only. The magazine did need a little 'lift' in popularity though and without a doubt, Aussie bodybuilding fans are also fans of what is happening OUTSIDE of their country, so the addition of 'International News' is quite fitting.

The hits to our International News from our database certainly proves there is a huge interest.

I think - why only limit a bodybuilding mag to the news of your country only :)
It will never change that it was Aussie founded and Aussie run.

And let's face it, limiting ourselves to only local BB news wouldn't have us much news to release each day or possibly even week.

Last edited:
Maybe the name of the magazine needs to change then??? :)

I kind of find it a real shame that it's gone this way...what about supporting more of the local competitors and have them supply content, there's 1000's of young and upcoming Aussies out there that never get the recognition they deserve! News on the Pro's can be found anywhere online and in all the other major magazines, I think it's a major cop out but that's just my opinion!

That's why I used to buy the mag - to read and find out about the local competition...I could just log on or buy Flex in that case...

I have to partly agree with BazT.

I used to love reading about up and coming aussies in HCAM.

I dont think they are going to stop doing that but there will be added content about the international comps/bodybuilders - for me this makes the mag complete because it saves me from either searching through the net or buying flex or MD - if everything is there in one mag then thats great!

I dont think they are going to stop doing that but there will be added content about the international comps/bodybuilders - for me this makes the mag complete because it saves me from either searching through the net or buying flex or MD - if everything is there in one mag then thats great!

A bit like Ironman Australia Mag and website though isn't it (along with some others)??? HCAM was truly Aussie and that was cool! Like I said it is just my opinion but this did place HCAM above these other mags for me...totally respect where your coming from though Joel.

Love supporting Aussie mags and companies and don't think we need the other stuff.

A bit like Ironman Australia Mag and website though isn't it (along with some others)??? HCAM was truly Aussie and that was cool! Like I said it is just my opinion but this did place HCAM above these other mags for me...totally respect where your coming from though Joel.

Love supporting Aussie mags and companies and don't think we need the other stuff.

I can not stand Ironman aus mag - its terrible lol.

The thing I like about HCAM is that is captures all the diff aspects of bodybuilding from the hardcore to the everyday lifter.

I used to love it - cant wait for it to be back.

very true Joel and that's why I don't want HCAM to turn into Ironman when it hits stores. Fingers crossed I suppose