• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Have you ever taken Steroids?

• Yes

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 81 81.8%

• Total voters
What advantage do I have lol?

You keep saying I have some sort of advantage, but never tell me what it is?

My bloods are 29nmol.....

I think its more politics than anything else tbh.

Sticky I think it's pretty simple. Someone on HRT in a tested comp is allowed to artificially increase there natural test levels. Were as others have to deal with what they have got naturally. That's an advantage in my book.

Well just agree to disagree on this one.

If you wanna use HRT compete in untested comps. No problem.

Sticky I think it's pretty simple. Someone on HRT in a tested comp is allowed to artificially increase there natural test levels. Were as others have to deal with what they have got naturally. That's an advantage in my book.

Well just agree to disagree on this one.

If you wanna use HRT compete in untested comps. No problem.

What about diabetics and insulin?

My thoughts exactly,this is what I was trying to say before, as usual though, I expressed myself terribly.

Haven't ever used them, but definitely plan to at some stage. Was actually going to get some earlier this year but old mate who was supposed to be hooking me up didn't come through with the goods.

I have absolutely no problem with using them (not ABUSING them) correctly and unless you're a competitive athlete I don't consider it cheating in any way. I lift purely for my own benefit, I don't measure myself against anyone else or compete to lift more than anyone, so if I decide to use, I guess the only person I'm 'cheating' is myself...and I couldn't care less about that!

Well to get any sort of strength/muscle benefit, you would actually be "abusing" them.
The "use" of AAS is for HRT and muscle wasting diseases ect.....

I think Fadi did an excellent post on this very subject ages ago.

I don't care either way, but just so you know ;)

Well to get any sort of strength/muscle benefit, you would actually be "abusing" them.

So even though your test levels went up did your lifts not go up at all mate?

My lifts have been going up since I started lifting mate.
I was deficient, which was the reason for my "use".

It's 2 different things mate.

Yeah I know but was just curious if you noticed a bigger than normal jump once you started the HRT?

Personally I wouldn't consider it 'abuse'. I guess technically putting supra-physiological levels of hormones into your body could be considered abuse, but I'm of the opinion that just about anything can be used safely in moderation. As opposed to someone who didn't know what they were doing, failed to do adequate research and ended up on a pretty heavy first cycle with no AI, HCG, nothing for PCT etc... That would be what I'd consider 'abusing' them.

Neither here nor there really, but I get what you're saying.

Oh ok, Sorry naparm, I thought you were having a go at me/being a smart arse.

I will give you a little further detail.
I noticed a slightly improved recovery, and a couple of kg of mass.
It wasn't muscle, cos we are talking 2-3kg in a week, 99% water i presume.
I noticed no improvement in strength as a direct result of treatment. Although I'm sure the ability to recover better than I could previously has/had a longer term effect.

The biggest changes came in my mood/ sence of well being/ sex life.

Last edited:

I noticed no improvement in strength as a direct result of treatment. Although I'm sure the ability to recover better than I could previously has/had a longer term effect.

Thanks for the info mate. Sorry about all the questions just doing my research as I'm going to get my levels checked soon.
I guess the dilemma for me would be going on it (therefore no longer being considered natural) & not having my lifts jump up...
The other benefits would be good but I'd have to weigh it all up I guess.
Thanks again.

Any exongenous hormones will not be accepted by tested Feds or the Olympic movement.
HRT or not.
Shrek, there are times and circumstances when the above would be acceptable. As you know, there are senior/master athletes who genuinely need (rather than want) HRT and are prescribed what is needed. Sure, blood tests and forms have to be filled in, but it's allowed and near impossible to abuse. I'm only speaking for Australia here and not some other country where the standards are not as strict.

Fadi.

If you were on HRT (assuming your test levels were in the normal range) would they even pick it up in a drug test?

Same except I would have only gained 1kg or so. No measureable strength difference. Recovery and sleep were much better though.

This topic of HRT in sports has gone to mma as well as two guys this year have been "caught". Chael Sonnen apparently gave them 6 weeks notice but has been suspensded. Nate Marquardt didn't tell them at all and was "caught" two days before a fight and has been fired from UFC.

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blog...+(BJPENN.COM+NEWS+BLOGS)&utm_content=FaceBook

Last edited:
I don't think I'd ever use steroids to improve my performance or to look better or to pick up chicks, Im not that vain.

And if I used steroids and they improved my lifts I'd feel the need to tell people "Im not that good really, it's the steroids". BUt really I only lift for my own satisfaction and to see if I can get good at something I've never really been into.

As a kid you hear about steroids and how evil they are like other drugs and then you get older and realise how wide spread there use is and that while not healthy for you, a line of coke or a joint or a disco biscuit probably won't kill you and can actually be a lot of fun. So I don't see steroids as evil but they're just not for me.

Steroids though aren't something you can just have a bit of to see if you like it, it's not botox FFS, it can really fark you up apparently if you don't know what you are doing, which I don't.

To anyone who has used : Just how great is it?

How do you feel with all that testosterone sloshing around in you? Sex life improve? Start noticing bigger muscles overnight (after the ~6 weeks for test to kick in, of course)? How much weight did you put on?

Supposedly test makes you feel really fucking great and energetic and alive, can anyone confirm/deny this?

Steroids though aren't something you can just have a bit of to see if you like it, it's not botox FFS, it can really fark you up apparently if you don't know what you are doing, which I don't.

So can botox, it can fuck you up good and proper.