• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hamstring strain/niggle

childishh

For the past couple of months my left hamstring/glute/groin has been a bit tight and sore. very manageable with a good warmup and stretch before working out/running/bball but the last few days it has gotten worse.

trying to do some light sprints there was a soreness on the upper hamstring almost like a strain. i also feel discomfort and tightness higher up in the glute when sitting for a while, such as driving 40 mins for work. then when i get up the hammy is again really sore. but when i hit the foam roller i dont really get any response from the hamstring at all. odd.

in day to day activity it is no problems at all, but any sort of serious training is out the window, i just want to get back into my squats and deadlifts ect.

does anyone have any advice of what sort of professional help i should seek out? either go to a physio or osteo perhaps? or any other ideas apart from icing and rest?

I'd see your physio and get some advice. I've had a similar injury that took some time to come good. Being higher up towards to glute makes recovery a bit harder compared to the middle of the hamstring.

My hamstring injuries have all come from sprinting.

id have a read about peptides if i was you. ive had problems with rotator cuffs and knees which have been easily fixed by 6-8 weeks on mod grf/ghrp-6 with fish oils and glucosamine supps. it may be a more extreme option but they do work, which is why all the afl players love em.

Yeah fuck man just see a physio... Should be able to give sound advice about what's causing the problem :).

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2