• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I don't think so. Shooting an animal in the head once you've slaughtered it would be redundant. As Fadi mentioned, I think you're confusing it with stunning the animal prior to slaughtering it.

I'm guessing that old mate is probably speaking from experience, what is your background with respect to the subject matter?

I'll leave the relevant quote here for your perusal.

Knowledge on aus halal came from working with halal meat in Australia and Aqis and the operations in our kill houses/ abattoirs...

My brother owned a abattoir until recently. I would help out during the holidays and saw first hand what goes on, how the animals are treated, the slaughtering practices and the government regulations.

I wonder how many abattoir workers turn vegan after working in one, much like how margarine factory workers refuse to eat margarine after seeing how its made lol.

I think it's the other way around. If you're ok with killing animals, eating them is one step removed and not traumatic at all. Maybe we could convert some vegans by sending them to work in an abattoir.

I don't think so. Shooting an animal in the head once you've slaughtered it would be redundant. As Fadi mentioned, I think you're confusing it with stunning the animal prior to slaughtering it.

Lol!!!

Probably... It's been over 10years since I worked with that shit....

Jeebus Bazza...let me spell it out. Stunning is not torture if performed effectively and is necessary. Unfortunately it is not always effective.

Just bleeding out is always a form of torture. Bleeding out without a gun shot or captive blot to the head of the animal beforehand is not an accepted method of slaughtering animals in the guidelines by dairy Australia. Just because it's religious doesn't make it right.

Just bleeding out is always a form of torture. Bleeding out without a gun shot or captive blot to the head of the animal beforehand is not an accepted method of slaughtering animals in the guidelines by dairy Australia. Just because it's religious doesn't make it right.

I can't be bothered with this nit-picking, last time. I never said I thought it was the most humane way of slaughtering an animal Bazza. If you read my original post I actually said 'IMO there are methods used in Western abattoirs that are preferable to cutting the animals throat' and '[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]there are elements of the process that acknowledge the sacrifice of the animal' more so than western abattoirs, and[/FONT] 'I would like to see the best of both methods utilised in the slaughter of our livestock'. Cannot be any clearer.

Last edited:
I can't be bothered with this nit-picking, last time. I never said I thought it was the most humane way of slaughtering an animal Bazza. If you read my original post I actually said 'IMO there are methods used in Western abattoirs that are preferable to cutting the animals throat' and '[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]there are elements of the process that acknowledge the sacrifice of the animal' more so than western abattoirs, and[/FONT] 'I would like to see the best of both methods utilised in the slaughter of our livestock'. Cannot be any clearer.

There is nothing about halal that you mentioned that is preferable over conventional methods. Not showing the knife. Give me a break. Some of the methods are worse but you conveniently breeze past them in your religious bliss.

There is nothing about halal that you mentioned that is preferable over conventional methods. Not showing the knife. Give me a break. Some of the methods are worse but you conveniently breeze past them in your religious bliss.

You're entitled to your opinion. There is no religious bliss in there. I didn't mention religion, you're the one that seems to be constantly bringing that up. You seem to live in your own little world. Maybe you feel the need to always have the last word for some reason.

You're entitled to your opinion. There is no religious bliss in there. I didn't mention religion, you're the one that seems to be constantly bringing that up. You seem to live in your own little world. Maybe you feel the need to always have the last word for some reason.

Lol. That's what you resort to, the last word rebuttal, great. How deep of you.

Your the one claiming there are many parts of slaughtering animals by halal methods that is better than current conventional standards when much of it is worse.

If it was the other way around and conventional methods called for animals to have their throat cut while conscious you would be up in arms but because it's religious it's ok.

Lol. That's what you resort to, the last word rebuttal, great. How deep of you.
That's what it seems like because you are misinterpreting what was written and leaping to conclusions for what? To make me type? What is this - death by RSI?

Your the one claiming there are many parts of slaughtering animals by halal methods that is better than current conventional standards when much of it is worse.
Once again not what was said Bazza. I've already pointed this out once. Once again for your benefit - 'IMO there are methods used in Western abattoirs that are preferable to cutting the animals throat'...'I would like to see the best of both methods utilised in the slaughter of our livestock'. Cannot be any clearer.

If it was the other way around and conventional methods called for animals to have their throat cut while conscious you would be up in arms but because it's religious it's ok.
I think the above elucidates my POV on that, but let me clarify as unambiguously as possible for you: No.

Any more questions?

Some of these conversations make me feel like I've gone down the rabbit hole ffs.

In fact I suspect you're not that silly Bazza and are just trying to illicit a particular response from me. Sorry to disappoint. Let me clarify - Aspects of both methods of slaughter could be improved IMO and IMO ONLY. That is all.

Let's not forget that the stun gun is what, 75 years old, the gun about double that. People have been slaughtering animals since the beginning of time. It's no surprise that people still follow practices that have worked for the past 10,000 years or so.

That's what it seems like because you are misinterpreting what was written and leaping to conclusions for what? To make me type? What is this - death by RSI?

Once again not what was said Bazza. I've already pointed this out once. Once again for your benefit - 'IMO there are methods used in Western abattoirs that are preferable to cutting the animals throat'...'I would like to see the best of both methods utilised in the slaughter of our livestock'. Cannot be any clearer.

I think the above elucidates my POV on that, but let me clarify as unambiguously as possible for you: No.

Any more questions?

Some of these conversations make me feel like I've gone down the rabbit hole ffs.

The old last word reply is used by people who can't find a proper argument to add but actually want the last word themselves. You can't call them out because you have just proven them right. Therefore they give themselves the last word.

Please point out the halal methods which are better than conventional.

Please point out the specific halal methods that are better.

What I wrote Baz was 'there are elements of the Halal process that are worth taking note of'. Please stop twisting what is written to suit yourself and bicker over minutia. Read the posts, draw your own conclusion. As I said, everything you have asked can be answered by reading the thread properly, with the exception of your questions which are based on misinterpretations.

What I wrote Baz was 'there are elements of the Halal process that are worth taking note of'. Please stop twisting what is written to suit yourself and bicker over minutia. Read the posts, draw your own conclusion. As I said, everything you have asked can be answered by reading the thread properly, with the exception of your questions which are based on misinterpretations.

So I don't misinterpret any of your words please point out the elements of the halal process which are worth taking note of.