• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Had a good session? Post it here

craze

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this or if its been done before but here goes. Me first.
Please stay on topic.

Had a great session on Saturday, normally i don't train on Saturday but the weather was poop.
I'll wind back the clock for a bit, normally i have every 6th week off training. I go 4 times a week.
3rd week in came down with a cold, tried to fight through it kept going and was getting better, 4 and 5th week the cold sorta came back and lost a lot of strength.
Took a week of, caught up on rest and finished reading arnies 800 page encyclopedia of bodybuilding, also squeezed pumping iron movie in there as wel..
This saturday after my week of I decided to try my local gym and went in for a casual session.
Not as much equipment as my "normal" gym but strangely enough they have heavier dumbells???

Decided to hit shoulders/traps/tris. Focus on holding/pause at top of raises instead of using momentom to get it up there.

Did some body dips and adjusted my arms to focus more on the tris, i always start off good but my feet tend to make me swing. Decided to try using a 7.5KG weight with my feet while doing dips, to my suprise the swinging stopped, i only got about 7 out but non the less an achievement! Seeing as i am 95KG not too shabby i thought.

Left the gym after 1 hour, tris were pumped and i was quite satisfied. Woke up next day with sore shoulders LOL ah well, it feels good anyway!

Good for you Craze.

My sessions are pretty mudane.

When you have been doing this shit for years it is just repetitive motion.
I can't wait to start, then I can't wait to finish...LOL

On Friday. Squat day. Only bad thing was i did 3 sets, instead of five. But still.

Every wednesday a few of the trainers and I get together and do a bit of a crossfit session
for example a couple of weeks ago was 50kg cleanx10 burpees x10 for 5 rounds
last week - 100 15kg db cleans
100 jump squats
100 pushups
100 situps
1km row
for time

If you guys are interested I'll post up what we do tomorrow to give you guys some ideas to do something different

Go on Paxton. I'd like to these crossfit workouts. Something I should do more of. My conditioning sux right now.

Same inch guns as Arnie(when arnie is in competition mode of course). Natural. What a beast!

How big is that?> lol

Did you hear the story of when he was in England - I think he stayed back after an All Blacks tour or something for a holiday and he went down to this local rugby team and played 1 game for like the local 2nds or 1sts or something in this little english town lol.....I think he didnt even ask the All Blacks if he could LOL

And I think (again lol) - when he played for the Bar Bar's he wore the towns rugby socks - how fucking cool is that!

I'm in Deload Week, after 8+ weeks on Mass, so yesterday was all 60% weight loads and double reps on each chest set, to failure or cardio/mental exhaustion.

Thank god for my BCAA supplementation.. no DOMS today on what would otherwise be a very painful day to get through. :)

I'm in Deload Week, after 8+ weeks on Mass, so yesterday was all 60% weight loads and double reps on each chest set, to failure or cardio/mental exhaustion.

Thank god for my BCAA supplementation.. no DOMS today on what would otherwise be a very painful day to get through. :)

Iam totally confused by this post lol - maybe its lack of carbs...your deloading but thinking you will get sore...whhhhhhaaaat

How big is that?> lol

Did you hear the story of when he was in England - I think he stayed back after an All Blacks tour or something for a holiday and he went down to this local rugby team and played 1 game for like the local 2nds or 1sts or something in this little english town lol.....I think he didnt even ask the All Blacks if he could LOL

And I think (again lol) - when he played for the Bar Bar's he wore the towns rugby socks - how fucking cool is that!

22 inches.

Yea, i think that was a part of the reason of why he left nz. Watch the video, he talks about it in there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kJgkfgJTnQ]YouTube - Jerry Collins - Rugbys Terminator![/ame]

Yea thats where I saw it I think....I have watched him abit this year and he is still a fucking machine....would still make the All Blacks in my books! - would of my fav players ever...overall just a great athlete and player.

agreed. Look at his hits on the welsh.

Back on topic - did you have a good session lol

Iam totally confused by this post lol - maybe its lack of carbs...your deloading but thinking you will get sore...whhhhhhaaaat

Have you never tried this? Go SUPER slow on every rep (4 seconds hold at top, 6 seconds down, 4 seconds hold at bottom, 6 seconds back up), feel the contraction the whole way through, double your normal reps, do 60% of the weight.

MASSIVE burn and muscle exhaustion.

A deload can either be a break from training or it is a lower volume/lower intensity program for a week or so.

I.e bench 3 x 3 @ 70%
Lateral raise 3 x 10 - light weight
tricep pressdown 3 x 10 - light weight

That would be a nice deload for say a chest day or a bench day.

A deload is ment to put your body into rest so your not stressing it - theres no point in doing a deload if your stressing you body out with super slow reps with higher volume etcetc

A deload is ment to put your body into rest so your not stressing it - theres no point in doing a deload if your stressing you body out with super slow reps with higher volume etcetc

That's your intepretation - mine is, I get to go off a Mass Build programme of 8+ weeks and concentrate on tight form with much lower weights instead. It burns, but it's not 'stressful' at all to my joints like the last 2 months have been... Feels great actually. :)