• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gyms in Moorooka Bris

Rambodian

No I'm not cambodian
I'm moving to Moorooka in Brisbane in November, need a good bodybuilding gym to call home for a while as I will be staying there with my brother inlaw for a period of time until I find a full-time job again (Times are a bit crook for me here in gods country, mid north coast NSW). I'm not sure of the area so any information you guys could give will be of great benefit.

Is there a particular reason your moving to marooka?

I have a mate that trains in marooka, I'll see where

anytime fitness is ok from what ive heard about the chains. Power rack, benches, weights, cheap and 24hr. But its only better than snapz fitness.

What kind of equipment do they have at anytime fitness? Ive been told all they have is smith machines, machines, machines and few dumb bells?

Im not going to join, i am just curious.

What kind of equipment do they have at anytime fitness? Ive been told all they have is smith machines, machines, machines and few dumb bells?

Im not going to join, i am just curious.

ive heard they have a power rack (i think only one though lol fail), bench and weights.

@Sticky: Yeh Hamburgler is right, I have family there and can board for free until a job comes good and I get the money to hike the family up there.

Geeez, its not sounding good at anytime fitness, only 1 squat rack frig, oh well, gotta do what ya gotta do I guess, thanks for the replies guys.

Im in moorooka,

You got a small gym called clarks in tarragindi which is about 5 minutes away, its pretty small and a fairly soft kind of gym if you know what i mean.

Theres a few 24 hour gym around in nearby suburbs but dont waist your time there.\

You got goodlifes at holland park and graceville where I train which are about 10-15 minutes away, I train there.

Check out your options and see what you like

CBJ's in Macgregor/Mt Gravatt if you are able to get there. The mecca of bodybuilding in Brisbane. FYI at 4pm on wards look out for all the 'ZYZZ' wannabes. Awesome gym and facilities.

club bj's.. do they do RJ's as well? lol

Wouldn't mind checking that place out.

Well it looks like I'm not moving after all, I got a second job that works well with the first one, two part time jobs is enough to get me out of trouble for the time being until a more permanent job comes up. Thanks for the replies everyone, I checked that CBJ health club out and told my brother inlaw as he is interested in joining a gym now. He was actually waiting for me to move to Bris so I could hold his hand LOL and take him with me.

CBJ's in Macgregor/Mt Gravatt if you are able to get there. The mecca of bodybuilding in Brisbane. FYI at 4pm on wards look out for all the 'ZYZZ' wannabes. Awesome gym and facilities.

so im guessing you train at club BJ's? lol at name

do you know Ben there (south african, like 18, pretty big)?

No don't train there, haven't for many years.

A few guys I know still train there though....

oh ok, home gym im guessing?

Every time i ask if you go that gym you say you haven't trained there for many years (ok it only happened twice), do you even train anymore?:p

oh ok, home gym im guessing?

Every time i ask if you go that gym you say you haven't trained there for many years (ok it only happened twice), do you even train anymore?:p
hahaha it just happened to be at the 2 gyms in question :p Nah I don't even lift :D

Any of you guys trained @ Healthworks Sunnybank Hills? There are a couple of large fellas there sporting Strongman competitor shirts.