• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym versus nutrition

Max has gained 30kg in 30 months.
How much of this is put down to puberty?I'd say at least 1/2. I personally put on 20kg over 2 years just filling out my body without even lifting weights. (Note, I said filled out, not fattened up) A 16-17yo kid grows like a weed regardless of training or diet.

If Max started lifting at 25yo, once he was a fully grown adult, I doubt he'd have managed 30kg in 30 months.

Puberty helps.

He still had to eat a truckload and lift a shitload, though. Lots of kids go through puberty to become adults with scrawny arms and legs and big bellies and bums.

Last edited:
My gym rat friend weighs the same at 30 as he did when he was going through puberty, and every year in between. He's still a skinny low 60kg, just much stronger. The guy trains damn hard (except squat) but he is too stupid to understand that eating is required for size, not just training.

30kg in 3 years is incredible. How much height did he gain in this time?
Posted via Mobile Device

But a kg a month is not normal.

There is a guy on here who claimed that Nick was a genetic freak lol

This guy resorted to steroids before he had made significant progress. As you guys know I am not at all against steroids, but I am against taking the easy road.

I have spent much time reading about the mind. You can tell so much by a persons words or actions in just a minute. A simple line on a forum sometimes tells me everything.

"I can bench........." novice who cant squat

" I know I need food to grow but how do I get bigger arms" will stay small and weak forever

"This is what I ate today" has no idea about nutrition whatsover

These observations have come about from decades of experience listening to people in gyms and forums, its why I appear short to some

Markos no disrespect intended by before I took my cycle of roids I explained why. In well within the guidelines to receive permenant TRT so whether it be in my head or not I wanted to hue myself a chance to be all I could have been had my life panned out differently.

If you want to have a shot at me well that's fine but don't single me out as if I was some idiot who just tools roids for the sake of it. I had allot of respect for you and I took your advice to heart whn the initial discussion of my cycle took place. Try walk a mike in my shoes or at least have the decency to empathize with my decission instead of publically attacking it.
Posted via Mobile Device

How much of this is put down to puberty?I'd say at least 1/2. I personally put on 20kg over 2 years just filling out my body without even lifting weights. (Note, I said filled out, not fattened up) A 16-17yo kid grows like a weed regardless of training or diet.

If Max started lifting at 25yo, once he was a fully grown adult, I doubt he'd have managed 30kg in 30 months.

I get this response a lot.

Fact is, all his mates are still tiny 2 years on, its why they now pay him to train them.

Max hasnt grown an inch in the last 2 years, still 173cm, so no weight attributed to height.

You may have grown 6" in those 2 years Morgan, allowing you to pile on the weight, but he's stayed the same height.

A couple of clients were shown a pic of Max from 2 years ago. They didnt believe that was possible.

Markos no disrespect intended by before I took my cycle of roids I explained why. In well within the guidelines to receive permenant TRT so whether it be in my head or not I wanted to hue myself a chance to be all I could have been had my life panned out differently.

If you want to have a shot at me well that's fine but don't single me out as if I was some idiot who just tools roids for the sake of it. I had allot of respect for you and I took your advice to heart whn the initial discussion of my cycle took place. Try walk a mike in my shoes or at least have the decency to empathize with my decission instead of publically attacking it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mate, I'm pro steroids lol

I wasnt having a go at your steroids, I was having a go at the fact that you think that someone who grows more than you is a genetic freak rather than someone who simply works harder than you.

I have NO genetic freaks at PTC, just hard workers. Your a bit touchy about the gear, youre the one who actually bought it up in this thread, perhaps you should have kept mum

I went from 75kg to 90kg in 2 years without lifting , same body fat % area. That was between 15-17. I have not grown any taller since I was 15.

I should have used the word hard gainer not genetic freak. Resorting to taking the easy road? If that isn't a shot at my inability to gain like others I don't know what is. I'm sure if Max had this problem it would be closer to home for you and you might make the effort to empathise a little more the fact is it's not the easy road for me and others like me, it's the only road if lifting and muscle building is our dreams and passion. Am I touchy on my steroid use? I don't think so because I'm so open about it and my hormone problem. Calling it the easy road when it only applies to people who have their hormone health is careless from someone in your posistion and I expected more from a role model like yourself. I didn't bring it up either you did in an insulting context.
Posted via Mobile Device

I went from 75kg to 90kg in 2 years without lifting , same body fat % area. That was between 15-17. I have not grown any taller since I was 15.
I was much the same, height came first, was lanky for a while then filled out, prob the same as Max has done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Max was an ectomorph, you really need to see pics.

I'm 100% certain he would still weigh 50kg if he didnt lift, all my kids are very lean.

Anyway, it doesnt matter because we will never know for sure, all I know is there is no other kid at his school who is 80kg @ 173cm thats not a fatty.

Those that have watched Max grow during that time understand, Sean on here was his basketball coach, Max was an absolute runt till he started lifting, skinniest kid on the team.

I guess you kept telling Max to eat, my parents discouraged it something about food bills being too much. Whingers.

I guess you kept telling Max to eat, my parents discouraged it something about food bills being too much. Whingers.

LOL

my parents are the opposite, my Dad's a chef so he cooks really nice food every night. I loved bulking for my first few months, i couldn't stop eating!

However, my Dad's also opposed to me lifting weights. I still do it anyway :cool:

so yea, Gym vs Nutrition...

I hardly ate when i was at school, i remember the headaches i got due from no food. I dunno how i grew, kinda like those weeds growing on your concrete driveway.

Max is starting to prepare his own meals, finally, though he under cooked his chicken today lol

I only had 2 meals a day for a couple of years in school - after school and dinner

Added a 3rd sometimes - instant noodles for breaky

I used to drink an absolute minimum of 2ltr's of Pauls Iced Coffee (3-4 cartons) a day all through highschool. Wasn't a big fan of brekky. Ham/Chicken + Salad Roll for lunch with an Iced Coffee. After school was more Iced Coffee. What ever the parents made for dinner. More than likely an Iced Coffee + chocolate bar before bed, after dinner.

It's an absolute wonder I don't have diabete's or ended up a tub of goo.

Though I was 6 foot @ 85-90kg in Grade 8. Wasn't exactly lean.